free website stats program Mini Beast Air Horn II | Harley Davidson Forums

Mini Beast Air Horn II

9FLHR

I'm considering replacing the stock HD horn on my '09 RK. Found the Mini Beast, and apparently it has a new brother, the Mini Beast II. (no cigars though)

Compact Dual Trumpet Chrome Air Horn

I read the reviews on different websites, but they don't usually post the bad ones, so any first hand guidance on either of these, or other brands would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! :cheers

It is my understanding from some rather good intelligence from the "TOP" that Pep Boys has a conventional one for about $20 or so (by FIAMM) which fits as an exact replacement, but way better than the stock HD one; although that dual air trumpet priced at $139 to $159 LOOKS nice and still less than the $189 for stocker...HD Horn Assy Kit...

Jammr,

Thanks for your input! Ride safe, :cheers

No problem, 9. I'll tell you that a couple of my buds put on air horns, one bought the HD horn and another a different brand. Mine is the loudest of the three and since I like the classic "trumpet" style, the best looking IMO.

No problem, 9. I'll tell you that a couple of my buds put on air horns, one bought the HD horn and another a different brand. Mine is the loudest of the three and since I like the classic "trumpet" style, the best looking IMO.

FYI,

If you UC guys are gonna run with your lowers on, take that into account when considering options for an air horn and possible interference with fit.

TQ

FYI,

If you UC guys are gonna run with your lowers on, take that into account when considering options for an air horn and possible interference with fit.

TQ

Good point, TQ. The one I bought has a bracket that is specifically designed for Ultras with lowers. I also like to take off the lowers in the summer and there is no interference taking them on or off.

I came across this thread while reviewing and cleaning up my "subscribed threads" stuff. If you're looking for an alternative to the stock horn but don't want to go as far as an air horn, this is a great electric horn set:

RIVCO Products, Inc.Magnum Electric Horn Set

I had them put it on my bike at Gator HD during the Leesburg Bikefest and man, is it loud!

That FIAMM horn from Pep Boys sounds good, but no Pep Boys within 100 miles of me. Does somebody have the part number so I can try to order it online? Otherwise, I'd be happy to send someone the money for the part and for the shipping if they have a Pep Boys near them and if they would be willing to buy it for me and ship it to me (after they get the money, of course.) Thanks.

Northern Tool has the Bad boy horns that will bolt in place. All chrome is about $60, basic is about $39. Loud as an 18 wheeler. Not the greatest looking but LOUD !

Bubba

Back