free website stats program Million Mile Monday | Harley Davidson Forums

Million Mile Monday

ShagNasty

Not trying to stir the hornets nest...but anybody ride for the cause. I had plans to, but work came as the priority...I was looking for a good reason to declare a holiday for myself...the last Monday in June may be it in the future...

I contributed to the cause (only 148 mi) running errands, lunch and out for ice cream after supper. Per the HOG website, 4.3 million miles were logged.

Last year I took the day off and rode a couple hundred miles with a bunch of folks. This year, I had to go to work to catch up on a couple of projects but I rode in to work and took "the long way home" to get 93 miles in. Next year, I'm taking the day off!!!!

Living in NZ, we're the first country in the world to arrive into each day so 19 or 20 mad members of our HOG chapter met at midnight and went for a 100 mile run just so we could be the first.....LOL.

Did I mention it's mid winter here.....!!

My Monday couldn't have been better. :bigsmiley12: It was a beautiful, sunny day. Rode 311 miles to Jeff City, MO. Got paid $0.30/mile. Got paid for the time to ride there. One of the perks of my job. Sometimes, I get to mix pleasure with business. Unfortunately, I had to go into my customer's plant on Tuesday and Wednesday. Still a great ride home on Wed. afternoon.

Back