free website stats program Milky liquid from air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

Milky liquid from air cleaner

ickysticky74

Now my bike isn't painted black and white. I took my k&n air filter off my bike and this milky liquid dripped on my motor. It also has a dried white ring on the metal backer plate. I always put the rain sock on when I wash it. It was really weird didn't have a strong smell. I have a 2006 Electra glide standard opened up with a fuelpak and rush slip ons. The filter was black on the bottom so I am glad I decided to recharge it. Not sure why my bike is producing milk. Thanks in advance for any knowledge on this. Mooohelp.
WAP.gif

I don't think so. Both my bikes tend to put a little crankase oil thru the breathers occasionally. I've never had the milky oil in there, but I've never washed either bike with a pressure washer or hose. You might check your engine oil just to make sure it hasn't been mixed somehow, but I don't think you have any reason to be concerned!

Tank thanks for the links. When I ride I go out for a ride its at least 50 miles. When I first changed over to the k&n from the hd air filter there was no milky substance what could changed. I have only put on 1600 miles on the bike since I bought it with 4300 miles. Now I am stressing I could of got a lemon. I love this bike and I hope it doesn't turn into a money pit. It has great power and runs great. Is this problem an expensive fix? Should I get an oil change? When I bought it they said they would do the 5000 maitence on it. That was done back in January when I bought it. I changed the filter over to k&n in may. I just added rush slip on pipes and a v&h fuel pack which was installed by the dealer about 3 weeks ago.
WAP.gif

Tank thanks for the links. When I ride I go out for a ride its at least 50 miles. When I first changed over to the k&n from the hd air filter there was no milky substance what could changed. I have only put on 1600 miles on the bike since I bought it with 4300 miles. Now I am stressing I could of got a lemon. I love this bike and I hope it doesn't turn into a money pit. It has great power and runs great. Is this problem an expensive fix? Should I get an oil change? When I bought it they said they would do the 5000 maitence on it. That was done back in January when I bought it. I changed the filter over to k&n in may. I just added rush slip on pipes and a v&h fuel pack which was installed by the dealer about 3 weeks ago.
WAP.gif

Just for conversation sake remove K&N clean up air filter housing reinstall O.E. filter go for a ride see what happens. Check oil dip stick and see if milky substance on it. If so I would change oil and filter with Mobil 1 and have at it. The milky part is usually condensation. Do you start bike up and ride or let warm up awhile????

I let it warm up 95% of the time. I will check the oil tomorrow. Hope there is no milky substance in the oil. Thanks for the info.
WAP.gif

I let it warm up 95% of the time. I will check the oil tomorrow. Hope there is no milky substance in the oil. Thanks for the info.
WAP.gif

When warming up, hopefully its no more than a couple of minutes. I just start mine and as soon as its running I am pulling out.

I checked the oil seemed to be clean with no milky residue. I cleaned the throttle body out it was a little dirty not to bad. So I am unsure. The only thing I could think of that moisture got into the air filter since it needed to be charged. The filter was grey which is suppose to be red. It was charged and is drying now. I will run it and pull the filter off again in about 100 miles. I am hoping no more milky substance. Thanks for everybody's comments.

Back