free website stats program Military Entrance Exam | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Military Entrance Exam

YEa but they forgot to tell you.
Once we get them by the time they are ready for E5 SGT even in the infantry they have earned an Associates degree.
And those that stick around earn Bachelors degree by the time they are ready to try for E-8 and above.

Good point.....but in the civilian job market a BS today is worth about what a high school diploma was 30 years ago. Kids get out of college today with a BS and expect 80k a year.......not gonna happen! When interviewing the younger generation just out of college I tell them your degree is great stuff......but what can you do for me?!?!?!??!

Good point.....but in the civilian job market a BS today is worth about what a high school diploma was 30 years ago. Kids get out of college today with a BS and expect 80k a year.......not gonna happen! When interviewing the younger generation just out of college I tell them your degree is great stuff......but what can you do for me?!?!?!??!

That is because higher education is becoming like high school already is. They are paying money so push them through even if they do not know the material. It is also a symptom of hiring practices since business is using the degree as a first cut method on applications.

Too many people with too much un-needed education and no real concept of what they are doing.

I have a friend that taught Veterinary Aid classes, and she was told flat out that she was not allowed to give anyone less to a C on any assignment. No C-, and certainly no failing grade. She finally quit when they refused to fail a person that she felt would end up hurting an animal because he was just so stupid and uninterested in learning. The guy actually applied at the Vet she worked for six months later with his degree from that school and still could not answer the most basic questions they asked him.

Masters is the old Bachelors. So what are we going to do when but a PhD gets you a job interview and everyone with $100k or more in student loans is offered $45k/yr for an entry level position?

That is because higher education is becoming like high school already is. They are paying money so push them through even if they do not know the material. It is also a symptom of hiring practices since business is using the degree as a first cut method on applications.

Too many people with too much un-needed education and no real concept of what they are doing.
I have a friend that taught Veterinary Aid classes, and she was told flat out that she was not allowed to give anyone less to a C on any assignment. No C-, and certainly no failing grade. She finally quit when they refused to fail a person that she felt would end up hurting an animal because he was just so stupid and uninterested in learning. The guy actually applied at the Vet she worked for six months later with his degree from that school and still could not answer the most basic questions they asked him.

Masters is the old Bachelors. So what are we going to do when but a PhD gets you a job interview and everyone with $100k or more in student loans is offered $45k/yr for an entry level position?

exactly my point! the education helps but after years of interviwing the 20 somethings many of them feel the bs is worth way more than it is.....they have no concetp of proving themselves before climbing the ladder!

how many people can balance a check book

Last week my wife was telling me about a teenager attempting to write out a check. While she never stopped texting during this incident, it took my wife and another person in the shop several minutes to instruct her in the proper method. That's sad yet she managed to work the cell phone quite nicely.

Back