free website stats program Military Entrance Exam | Harley Davidson Forums

Military Entrance Exam

Nearly one-fourth of the students who try to join the U.S. Army fail its entrance exam, painting a grim picture of an education system that produces graduates who can't answer basic math, science and reading questions, according to a new study released Tuesday.

I don't remember it being that hard. But that was 43 years ago. Back before computers,and calculators, when you had to think for yourself.

God help us.

You can rest assured that at least 25% of college bound students that come from these same educational systems lack the same fundamentals, but you'll never hear the profit oriented colleges/universities acknowledge such because they don't want to diminish their revenue stream. Our nation's education system is failing all of us and we'll all pay in the end. At least those teachers' unions are standing strong & proud. What a shame!

India and China graduate 1000's of engineers, scientist and mathmaticians annually.. If we don't educate all of our people all over this country, we will be a third rate power in 20-30 yrs. India and China have 1000's of scientist working on problems we have hundreds. It is a matter of brain power. We can throw hundreds of scientist at a problem they can throw thousands.. Militarily we are very strong now but in 10-25 yrs with the lack of brain power we may be in trouble

YEa but they forgot to tell you.
Once we get them by the time they are ready for E5 SGT even in the infantry they have earned an Associates degree.
And those that stick around earn Bachelors degree by the time they are ready to try for E-8 and above.

This is the way to go IMO, The Redhead is going for her BA now, The Mayo Clinic is paying the tab, but in the long run it is much easier when you are young and why not do it in the military when you can:s

Since when does the Military give entrance exams? The only thing I got was an aptitude test on Mechanical, Admnistrative, Electrical, and General compatibility. Seems to me that unless someone was a complete bone head, they would pass one of those aptitude tests? I didn't consider that test an "entrance exam."

YEa but they forgot to tell you.
Once we get them by the time they are ready for E5 SGT even in the infantry they have earned an Associates degree.
And those that stick around earn Bachelors degree by the time they are ready to try for E-8 and above.

Sorry but I gotta call foul on this one.

About four years ago the military was enlisting street gang members with criminal records and there wan't any exam to take. The enlistees when they got discharged knew weapons and how to set up ambushes which they have used more than once to kill cops.

Since when does the Military give entrance exams? The only thing I got was an aptitude test on Mechanical, Admnistrative, Electrical, and General compatibility. Seems to me that unless someone was a complete bone head, they would pass one of those aptitude tests? I didn't consider that test an "entrance exam."

Same thing...Army calls it entrance exam, AF is the aptitude test. All I can say is the AF definitely lets too many "chuckle heads" into the service & I get tired of giving them the boot back to civilian life.

It used to be called AFQT (Armed Forces Qualification Test). One had to be a real dummy not to pass.

Back