free website stats program miles per tank | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

miles per tank

I have a 2004 Road King Custom 88 ci stage one, have always got over 49 miles to the gallon, it does not matter hiway @ 75 mph or around town @ 45mph, some of my best mileage was in the smokeys in the fall 53 mpg.

2005 Road King Custom, SE air cleaner, Rinehart true duals, and stage one.

46-47 mpg combined interstate and secondary roads. Solo and never (hardly ever) more than 5 over.

My primary bike (the one I ride most) is my 09 Electra Glide full stage one, cruising at about 78mph I get right around 41mpg. Same bike at 85mph I get right at 37mpg. I tested this several times now.
On the 05 Road King full stage one I get better milage at 78mph I get 44mpg, and at 85 mph I am getting 40mpg. Both bikes like I said have full stage 1 kits and are very well taken care of.
The 2011 Heritage Softail Classic seems like it gets pretty good milage per gallon but has not had a actual test yet to give real results.

My last tank I had 169.8 miles when I filled up.

The low fuel light came on but I went back and forth to work a few more times to see how far I could go. The interesting part, I put in 4.89 gallons in a 5 gallon tank!

I have been getting 35 + mpg and that is driving in town and back and forth to work (only 5 miles each way). I have no idea what my highway mileage would be.

If MC fuel injection fuel pumps are as sensitive to running dry as car fuel pumps are, taking a chance of running out of gas might not just mean a walk to the gas station, but also the price of a new fuel pump added to that fill up. anybody have some solid information on this?

If MC fuel injection fuel pumps are as sensitive to running dry as car fuel pumps are, taking a chance of running out of gas might not just mean a walk to the gas station, but also the price of a new fuel pump added to that fill up. anybody have some solid information on this?

It could over heat and seize if run without fuel in the tank. The liquids (fuel) that a pump moves also act as the lubricant and cooling system for the pump.

never had a fuel light come on. fuel the '01 rk w/ se 203 cams @100-110 miles. best 38 mpg. now about 33 mpg. (love that acceleration). '10 ultra get 41-45 mpg. fuel at 150 -180 miles. most riding on both is 2 up. shift rk @4k, ultra @ 3k. try to stay out of throttle on ultra and into cruise control as hands get numb fast. probably why mileage is better. ultra doesn't have the ponies to pull strong so less like a sport bike so to speak. like to cruise at 70-85 on the rk so mileage is worse as well.

I get about 43-44 almost all the time. I've run as far as 235 miles before filling up...didnt want to go much farther. Based on what I pumped in I had about 1/2 gallon left. The light normally comes on around 180 or so I think. I normally use a trip meter to watch my mileage per tank and dont rely on the light myself. I try to fuel up around 200 in normal riding. 09 Ultra with KN air filter kit, Harley ECM tuning update, stock pipes, adult rider :s

It has a lot to do with speed I am always two up [she says it's her bike] ride like a grandpa it goes a long way,flog it and it gets less plain and simple I'm ready to get off at a 1/4 tank no matter how I ride I trust the guage and fill up at the right time milage don't matter just the ride.

Whether closely monitored, or just casually checked, seeing what your fuel economy is from day to day is about the easiest way to see if something has deteriorated or has gone wrong. Consistently running in the low 40s and suddenly getting low or mid 30s suggests something isn't right. Time to check air filter, spark plugs and perhaps check for codes even if a light hasn't come on.

Back