Mileage stays displayed when bike is off

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by ngjandm, Apr 16, 2010.

1. ngjandm

ngjandm Active Member

well, after moving from my sportster where removing the key shuts the bike, to my FXDF where i finally forgot to turn it off after coming back from lunch. needless to say leaving work, it wouldnt start. couldnt pop start it, tried using a starting box, trickle charged it, to no avail, finally bought a new battery. bike now starts, however, in the off position, the mileage stays displayed now, everything else seems to be ok. has anyone ever heard of this, is there some sort of way to reset all the electronics?

2. SilverFoXD

SilverFoXD Active Member Contributor

With a '10 model, have the dealer sort out the electrical issues.

3. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

With the mileage display showing, can you press the side button and still toggle through the features? Or does pressing the button not do anything at all.

4. ngjandm

ngjandm Active Member

i was trying to avoid bringing it to the dealer, but since it is brand new, maybe, i'll stop on by. when its on, you can toggle through all the displays. when its off, it displays, but you cant toggle.

5. Hoople

Hoople Account Removed

I was thinking the side switch may have been shorted closed. But that does not look to be the case here.

6. ngjandm

ngjandm Active Member

I was just down at the dealer, its not a stock speedo, but a replacement speedo/tack, they said these non-stock models always show the mileage, which is just kind of strange, because it never did that until I had this battery out of juice problem. So I guess it's sorted for now. thanks everyone.

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

My neighbors Streetbob does the same thing, guess its the way it is

8. rocket23

rocket23 Member

uh no thats not the way it is take it to the dealer in five minutes you will be all set.

9. ngjandm

ngjandm Active Member

do you know what the problem might be?