free website stats program Mileage stays displayed when bike is off | Harley Davidson Forums

Mileage stays displayed when bike is off

ngjandm

well, after moving from my sportster where removing the key shuts the bike, to my FXDF where i finally forgot to turn it off after coming back from lunch. needless to say leaving work, it wouldnt start. couldnt pop start it, tried using a starting box, trickle charged it, to no avail, finally bought a new battery. bike now starts, however, in the off position, the mileage stays displayed now, everything else seems to be ok. has anyone ever heard of this, is there some sort of way to reset all the electronics?

well, after moving from my sportster where removing the key shuts the bike, to my FXDF where i finally forgot to turn it off after coming back from lunch. needless to say leaving work, it wouldnt start. couldnt pop start it, tried using a starting box, trickle charged it, to no avail, finally bought a new battery. bike now starts, however, in the off position, the mileage stays displayed now, everything else seems to be ok. has anyone ever heard of this, is there some sort of way to reset all the electronics?

With a '10 model, have the dealer sort out the electrical issues.

With the mileage display showing, can you press the side button and still toggle through the features? Or does pressing the button not do anything at all.

i was trying to avoid bringing it to the dealer, but since it is brand new, maybe, i'll stop on by. when its on, you can toggle through all the displays. when its off, it displays, but you cant toggle.

I was thinking the side switch may have been shorted closed. But that does not look to be the case here.

I was just down at the dealer, its not a stock speedo, but a replacement speedo/tack, they said these non-stock models always show the mileage, which is just kind of strange, because it never did that until I had this battery out of juice problem. So I guess it's sorted for now. thanks everyone.

My neighbors Streetbob does the same thing, guess its the way it is

Back