free website stats program Mileage on 200 tire | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mileage on 200 tire

I'm on 6k+ on my rear tire. It is getting there and I will have to replace it in the next 1k+ or so. That seems low to me, 5k seems down right obnoxious.

I did have to replace my rear brake at the 5k check up though. That annoyed me as well. I asked the guy why the break didn't last longer. He said it comes from heavy breaking. I only break heavily when idiots can't drive. It's not like I'm out there trying to lay the bike down. Very aggravating indeed.

I'll be watching this thread for a good replacement tire, if I find one I will let you know. Good post! :newsmile106:

I had roughly 9,000 miles on my first tire, just changed my second with 11,400 on it. Because of the shape of the tread, it was really had to measure. The newer tire tread is a little different by the way. Harley place did all the changing, etc... Anyway, I brought the old tire home, and cut it in half, length ways... I had a little more rubber left than I would have thought. I ride on all sorts of asphalt, don't do any 'burn-outs' but I do ride pretty fast, very seldom two-up. The tire was pretty 'bald' in the center strip to my eye. Oh, by the way, the Harley place recommended that I change my first tire much sooner... i.e. at my 5,000 mile service they told me it looked like it needed changing. However, they did admit it was one of the first 200 tires they'd seen with 5,000 miles and didn't really have a point of reference for a comparison...

Hey guys, O.E.M. tires edit. I put a set of Metzelers on and have nothing but good things to say about them.Great grip, terrific lean angles, and long life about 18000 and thats hard riding with plenty on holeshots lolIn my oppinon one of the best upgrades I've done. By the way I ride an '02 Softail Standard with a 150mm rear and a 90-90-21 front

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking of going Metzler but they say that the compound is way different from a 150 to a 200! If i can get 10k out of a Metzeler as opposed to 5k form a Dunlop im all in for metzler! Im not sure you can compare a 150 to a 200.

I think on their web site they claim much better milage than OEM. Check it out,give them a call. All I know is I'm really immpressed with their product...all they make are motorcycle tires, they know their stuff!

yep same here mate. I live in Australia and my 07 fatty has about 12000 kilometers .....thats about ...hmmmm let see...divide by 8 and multiply by 5 gives about 7500 miles yep and its had the sword, stuffed, no good, done and finished. i am trying to track down an alternative and sofar an avon and a bridgestone have been mentioned on forums. wy would you want a soft compound an a bike thay cant lean over anyway. geeeez harley wake up.

I have a 07 FatBoy and 7k milles on it and still running...not for too long

And I have a pair of Metzeler 880 ready to go in my garage.

I choose Metz cause rear tire is 210, and some friends are happy with it.

I have a 2008 Hertiage Classic & my rear tire is being changed as I type. The tire is OEM with 8,500 miles with 50% of the mileage is 2 up. I switched from a Dunlap D401 180 x 50 16" to a Dunlap K591 which Dunlap claims has longer tire life. Question I have is if I should apply grease to the axle when re-installing rear wheel? Axle & spacers seem dry & no grease on any parts when I removed the tire. Any help out their would be appreciated. PBHOG

Last edited:
Back