free website stats program Mikuni settings | Harley Davidson Forums

Mikuni settings

98fat

Hey, ordered a Mikuni easykit and Vance Big Radius 2 into 1 to put on my 98 Fatboy. I have the screaming eagle intake with a K&N filter and a Dave Mackie DM500 bolt in cam. Any guesses if this will work OK out of the box or need some changes. Also, what does the HSR 42 come set up with as far as jets and needle? I looked on the site and found the main jet is 160 but not very specific as far as the rest of the settings. Didn't find much there as far as specific suggestions on changes to jets and needle settings. Anyway, any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

If you bought the correct kit for your bike fit it and ride you should get a set of larger jets with it for the next step up but it is assumed that you will have a free flow filter and exhaust system to go with the carb
easy to fit just follow the instructions as long as you got the correct kit for your bike

Brian

If they don't have it in the self help section, I have the hsr tuning manual in pdf, it's about 3.5 mb and would be glad to share but don't know how to post it or get to you, If you pm me with you're e-mail I'd be glad to send it or if anybody has any suggestions that would work, let me know.

Thanks everyone for the help, I have read the tuning manual (at least what is available on the website). I was just curious if anyone had any experience with these things out of the box. I have a high flow filter and a bolt in cam. The Vance 2 into 1 exhaust comes with a removable baffle.

Don't know if this is more then what's on the forum?

View attachment 5466

If this is not a proper way for me to post this, please let me know, this is the first forum I've been part of.

Excellent! Thank you. I suspect Glider will put this in the download section so folks will have access to it from there. Stuff gets lost in the pile after a while when posted in the regular threads.

TQ

Chopper, you post was very timely, a friend of mine is just installing his new Mikuni...made my day! Like TQ, my experience is only with the Keihin; Mikuni was used in most all my metrics back in the day...:D

Thanks everyone for the help, I have read the tuning manual (at least what is available on the website). I was just curious if anyone had any experience with these things out of the box. I have a high flow filter and a bolt in cam. The Vance 2 into 1 exhaust comes with a removable baffle.

I HAD a built dyna and I used a 42 mikuni AND bigger flowing intake manifold.

The .160 jet worked fine(out of box on carb) and seams I did change back and forth from it to the .165 worked different from WA to AZ at higher altitude...

Mine came with 3 main jets a .155 .160 in carb and a .165...

I fine tuned it for a little better SLOW mix as it POPPed a little with the stock slow jet and the 2.5 thous. increase did the trick......

I WOULD SUGGEST CHANGE OUT THE 3/4" "SCREW DRIVER HEADED SCREWS" FOR 3/4" "ALLEN HEADS" BEFORE YOU PUT THE 42 MIKUNI ON THE BIKE as it makes for a EASY OFF and ON float bowl with-out taking CARB. OFF and all apart to change the EASY to change JETS,, and usually the little philips head screws strip out easily.. I KNOW THE HARD WAY

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks everyone for the help. I appreciate the manual, I will go over again.

I did the same thing with the allen's on my CV. I found out its alot easier to use these and change out jets without taking the carb off the bike. I too had some somewhat stripped brass screws.

Thanks again, I will let everyone know how this goes. Maybe learn from my mistakes.

Back