free website stats program Mid Frame Air Deflectors. | Harley Davidson Forums

Mid Frame Air Deflectors.

glider.

BOT Machine
Ok...I just finished the installation of the Mid-Frame Air Deflectors (58022-07) on my '07 FLHTCU. The illustration (fig 3. fastener locations) is a bit confusing when you first look at it. The only way you would see it as illustrated would be if you had the motor removed from the frame. I really have three suggestions for anyone planning on installing the kit.

1. Before you leave the dealership (or at your local hardware store) pick up a 0.25-20 x .750 inch HEX HEAD bolt to replace the button-head screw provided in the kit (fig. 4, item 9 or Fig 3, location 1) to install on the right front attachment point. With the 96" motor, it is impossible to get an allen wrench behind the rocker box cover to tighten the button head screw provided in the kit! (see attached pic)

2. When installing the speed nuts (fig 4 item 2) reverse them on the strap so they slide on to the strap from the rear. It makes alignment of the strap so much easier.

3. Have a magnetic tool handy because you will undoubtedly drop the strap with the speed nuts attached and the U-clip for the rear of the left deflector several times during the install.

Back