free website stats program Microfiber cloth on hot exhaust | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Microfiber cloth on hot exhaust

I use a product called "Goof-Off". My wife is forever melting her boot soles on my pipes, plus I melted a flag once on PG mission. I just let it run til they are warm and put some on a rag and wipe it off. Smells horrible but works great.

I don't have a heat gun. This sounds like the way to go. It is like a microfiber cloth, but it is softer and a different material, but I guess it is all the same stuff. I have tried goo gone, nail polish remover and wd40 and it is just laughing at me. I guess it is off to buy a heat gun :small3d023:. Just what I felt like doing on the nicest day we have had since November

But you do have a heat gun..Start the bike and let the pipes do the work for you...Just put gloves on while you resolve the problem.

But you do have a heat gun..Start the bike and let the pipes do the work for you...Just put gloves on while you resolve the problem.

Funny I thought of this right after I posted that comment.

----------------

I gave up for the day, but I will give it a shot tomorrow. I will give everybody's advice a try. Thanks for posting

Last edited by a moderator:
I gave up for the day, but I will give it a shot tomorrow. I will give everybody's advice a try. Thanks for posting

The pipes HEATED up HOT after a minute of running motor.............. TAKE a rag COTTON and fill with ICE apply the ice and melted fibers MAY POP OFF due to the contraction...
I have not tried this but heard about it from a guy that removed PLASTIC BAG melt that way... LET US KNOW if THIS WORKS.......

signed....BUBBIE

Back