free website stats program Micro tuner vs. PV | Harley Davidson Forums

Micro tuner vs. PV

rusntx

Sorry I know this has been beat to death likely. Upgrading to Stage 1 mod are my only plans. Mainly for a heat reduction. Not looking to squeeze every ounce of power out of motor. Plenty power for me currently. Don't care to manipulate rev settings or play with mapping etc. any harm in taking O2 sensors out, run the micro tune instead of the PV? Will be adding power duals, and A/C to my super trap stouts. Can save some bucks also. Thx much
WAP.gif

Sorry I know this has been beat to death likely. Upgrading to Stage 1 mod are my only plans. Mainly for a heat reduction. Not looking to squeeze every ounce of power out of motor. Plenty power for me currently. Don't care to manipulate rev settings or play with mapping etc. any harm in taking O2 sensors out, run the micro tune instead of the PV? Will be adding power duals, and A/C to my super trap stouts. Can save some bucks also. Thx much

Not sure which "micro tuner" you make reference to but I can tell you that you don't need the Powervision to "tune" a Stage I upgrade. However, I will also tell you that a flash tuner like the Powervision or the TTS Mastertune is the best way to maximize the performance of your Stage I upgrade.

Having said that, it is difficult to answer the question without know which tuner you are considering.:s What ever you do, the install will require some user input to "tune". Some are reporting good results with the Cobra FP3 but I don't know much about other than what I read. Apparently the auto tune feature works fairly well; don't know for sure though.

By going with new AC and true duals you'll need to re-tune. I definitely wouldn't remove the O2 sensors. They are needed to adjust AFR's, fuel mixture. You could probably use a Dobeck fueler for what you want to do. They are a sponsor here on the forum and I think members get a discount. Go to EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft for their home page and give them a call. I run the Gen4 on my 2012 FLHTCU and am very happy with it, although I don't have the mods. you're talking about. There are many other fuelers out there as well. A good Dyno afterwards is very helpful also.
tourbox

Not sure which "micro tuner" you make reference to but I can tell you that you don't need the Powervision to "tune" a Stage I upgrade. However, I will also tell you that a flash tuner like the Powervision or the TTS Mastertune is the best way to maximize the performance of your Stage I upgrade.

Having said that, it is difficult to answer the question without know which tuner you are considering.:s What ever you do, the install will require some user input to "tune". Some are reporting good results with the Cobra FP3 but I don't know much about other than what I read. Apparently the auto tune feature works fairly well; don't know for sure though.

EDIT: I need to correct my above reference to the "Cobra" FP3; the FP3 is a V&h product and the reviews I have read so far about the hardware and the customer support from V&H have been very good.:icon_wink: My bad on the error.

By going with new AC and true duals you'll need to re-tune. I definitely wouldn't remove the O2 sensors. They are needed to adjust AFR's, fuel mixture. You could probably use a Dobeck fueler for what you want to do.
tourbox

When I installed my Dobeck 3.0, I had to disconnect the O2 sensors, according to the instructions. Or are you saying if you use a different type tuner to leave the O2 sensors connected???

When I installed my Dobeck 3.0, I had to disconnect the O2 sensors, according to the instructions. Or are you saying if you use a different type tuner to leave the O2 sensors connected???

I do believe when using the Dobeck fueler it requires the o2 sensor be removed.

My buddy and I have Identical '07 Electra Glides. We both have Doebeck tuners. Mine requires the O2 sensors to be by-passed, his uses the O2 sensors.
He bought his Doebeck a year after I bought mine.

My buddy and I have Identical '07 Electra Glides. We both have Doebeck tuners. Mine requires the O2 sensors to be by-passed, his uses the O2 sensors.
He bought his Doebeck a year after I bought mine.

Dobeck must have redesigned the tuner after you bought yours so by passing the 02 sensor was no longer necessary. On my 05 I don't have the 02 sensor but had to specify that when I ordered it.

I appreciate the dialogue guys. I am just not technically savvy enough on this topic to understand the pros and cons. The micro tuner is an option at Fuel Moto. They recommended I use the PV with power duels and A/C as it keeps the O2 sensors in the loop. They of course provide great advice and pricing. That being said I have no interest in messing with settings so not to keen on spending the extra bucks on it. I PM'd Dobeck about their fuelers. Have been looking at em all. Now have too much info in this pea brain of mind to decide. Thanks again yall,
WAP.gif

Failed to mention I saw the threads about Dobeck not responding...well, I have not heard back from Dobeck either
WAP.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Failed to mention I saw the threads about Dobeck not responding...well, I have not heard back from Dobeck either
WAP.gif

Dobeck seems to be a little slow answering questions here,you may want to call them direct. They have tec support that will help with any questions you may have. They also bench set their tuners for your specific mods.

Back