free website stats program Michelin Commander | Harley Davidson Forums

Michelin Commander

Mavagrand

Local Indy shop in town can INSTALL a full set of Michelin Commanders on my 08 EGC for $250.00. Good deal in my opinion. I just don't know anything about the tires..any opinions on the Michelin Commanders?? Let me know as I have already ordered the tires. I figure for this price I can check them out.

Great Tires ! Better Handling and more milage and less Money.... Win - Win- Win !

They also have a Pilot series tire for some Harleys with uniquie size tire combos! Harley is putting Michelin's on some New bikes as OEM tires now! Dunlops are ok! PUKE! Metzlers grip better but wear faster....AVONS no thanks I have talked to guys getting far more miles out of the Michelins My buddy just got a New Road Glide and had the dealer swap Tires to New Michelin's before he took it home! then he sold the DunFlops in the paper ! Now if they would only make a Wide White Walls !

Have them on my heritage and have no complaints. They do seem to ride better than the Dunlops although I had no issue with them either, I just decided to try something different.

I do ride 2 up more often than not and like the way the tires handle that way too. I can't say how they have done as far as mileage goes because I had to replace the rear with approximately 5k on it due to a damaged flat tire but the front now has 7k on it with no ill effects.

Although not by choice, I also had Dyna-Beads put in the rear tire this time and I have not noticed any vibrations. The Indy I purchased the tire from mounted and balanced the tire for me and put the Dyna-beads in and I did not notice until after paying the bill so I figured I would see how they work. So far so good.

road avons on my shovel liked them for handling didnt last long,dry rot dont know how long they were on the shelf for. they were road rangers wich they dont make any more. dont care for the dunlaps on my rg .but the police tires that came with it ,so ill run them till i can change them maybe michlins now that i read this thanks for a new thought here:D

Buy um i find them to be excellent so far decent wearing to at 13k miles still got 5/32's left

Just out of curiousity, I called my local HD dealer to get a quote on how much they would charge me to install a set of Dunlop 402s (not Michelin, but comparable). Couldn't believe the quote....$468.00. I actually stuttered a little, caught me off guard. I knew they would be more expensive but didn't know that much. This dealer normally does me right so I wouldn't call them a "stealership" but jeez...I was willing to go 20 -30 dollars over the independent who quoted me $250.00 (wanna support the dealer) but jeez, I ain't paying that much over. My Michelins will be installed Friday.

Picked up bike today. They charged me an extra 40.00 because of the type bike I had...said it was trickier taking the rear tire of my bike than some others. Didn't argue with them too much, I still got two tires, installed, balanced and valve stems for 290.00 not bad at all I'd say. The tires are not white wall though and, I have to admit will take some getting used to. Anyway, I rode it about 60 miles today. I have to admit I couldn't really tell the difference between these and the Dunlops, but it is reassuring to know that I have new tires for vaation next month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up bike today. They charged me an extra 40.00 because of the type bike I had...said it was trickier taking the rear tire of my bike than some others.

Trickier? :lolrolling

They should have adhered to the price they originally quoted you if they did the job.

Back