free website stats program Michelin Commander II's | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Michelin Commander II's

I got 17,000 miles out of my OEM Dunlops (2012 FLTRU) with no issues and then 17,000 out of a set of Commander IIs with no issues. I just put on a set of Dunlop American Elite 2nd Generation (new model) tires since I decided to support factory workers in the US instead of factory workers in Thailand. If I get 17,000 miles out of the new Dunlops I'll be happy too. I never had any slippy issues with either tire although some of those painted arrows on the road will be slippy with any tire in the rain.

Buying tires from JakeWilson.com is generally a better price with fast shipping.

One important note is that it is always best to match tire type front and rear for best handling performance and ride.....

Quick update. I just got e-mail that tire is on the way. It is presently in Florida. I hope it is here by mid week. Looking forward to seeing how new tires handle. DBMG I agree, I am waiting for rear to put them both on at same time.

I got an Avon on the front and a Mich. II on the back and the oft reported Ill effects are not present at all.

I can't say enough good about the Commander IIs. I'm just about ready to change the first set I've tried on my '02 883 Hugger. I'm going to end up with about 22K on them. Wet and dry handling for me has been great. You won't regret the switch from Dunlop. I only got almost 14K on Dunlops.

just finished a 2800 k trip with commander 11 on both bikes - first time I laid it over far enough to touch. they do slide on hot painted lines & they do track with the road snakes . wife`s boulavard she said rode like a new bike - at the speeds she was running & cornering she was doing I would say a great improvement on the old Dunlops

I have decided to purchase Michelin Commander ll's but have ? on size - my present rear tire on 04 ultra is Dunlop MU85B16 77H - In price checking on several sites the Michelin Commander ll's rear tire could be 13090B16 or 14090B16 with only few dollars difference . Will the 14090B16 mount up properly as i think its a little wider ? As i stated several sites have either size fitting up on my 04 Ultra with stock rims .

Back