free website stats program Michelin Commander II | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Michelin Commander II

I let my local indy change my tires.
He cuts me a discount price and they check over everything when I get new tires.
They look at the brake pads and if new is needed, they inform me and if I get new pads, there's no charge for installation because they are already there. I just pay for the new pads.
I can go back and watch if I want.
Good people and I try to give them my business.

Thinking about Dunlop American Elite tires for the next batch.

OK so I bit the bullet and decided to take my back wheel off......it was so easy I don't even know why I was thinking bout having it done. The hardest part for me was getting my muffler off...it was like it was glued on or something. maybe that ceramic coating, I don't know. Put a jack under wheel and bolt jiggled right out. Would I do it again...yeppers;)

If you put some never-sieze on the header pipe when you put the muffler back on, it will come off much easier next time. ;)

TQ, I had to remove the muffler because my axle bolt comes out the right side. I have a 2 into 1 pipe on there and it was right in the way. I tried to swivel the swingarm but to no avail.
Why did you have to remove the muffler? Just curious.

Cheers,

TQ

TQ, I had to remove the muffler because my axle bolt comes out the right side. I have a 2 into 1 pipe on there and it was right in the way. I tried to swivel the swingarm but to no avail.
Depending on your risk tolerance, you can flip the axle bolt around and have the nut on the right hand side. MOCO does it the other way just in case you spin that bolt while riding, it will just tighten the nut vs loosening it. I just check it when I do my monthly inspections anyway and have had no issues and now I can pull the rear without needing to take the exhaust off too.

OK so I bit the bullet and decided to take my back wheel off......it was so easy I don't even know why I was thinking bout having it done. The hardest part for me was getting my muffler off...it was like it was glued on or something. maybe that ceramic coating, I don't know. Put a jack under wheel and bolt jiggled right out. Would I do it again...yeppers;)
I glad that the naysayer did not sway you.........:rolleyes:

Back