free website stats program Mexico Assemby | Harley Davidson Forums

Mexico Assemby

ewiltgen

My father in-law told me H-D is moving their assemby plant(s) to Mexico, components will still be made in the USA but assembeled in Mexico.

1 Is this true?

2 That will alot (EDIT) of people off including myself.

3 The big Hondas are assembled in the US.

4 What was HD thinking the mexican drug lords are murdering US citizens
and now they are going to assemble our bikes.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think all components are made in the USA today. As with all manufacturers, I'm sure HD is considering moving their assembly out of the USA. I won't be surprised if HD moves assembly out of the US, but I will be ticked off.

My father in-law told me H-D is moving their assemby plant(s) to Mexico, components will still be made in the USA but assembeled in Mexico.

1 Is this true?

2 That will alot (EDIT) of people off including myself.

3 The big Hondas are assembled in the US.

and now they are going to assemble our bikes.

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Not sure about Mexico, The MOCO is planning on an India plant as of most recent , lots of rumors and speculation now

I new about India but those bikes are intended to be sold in India. Assembled from parts primarily producded in the US by US workers. That is to avoid a large import tarif so people of India can get a Harley. They won't exporting back to USA. If HD moves assembly to Mexico it will be for the US market. What is a sad day for Harley could be a great day for Victory. I live about an hour from the Victory Assembly plant in Spirit Lake Iowa. I have test rode a couple and they ride nice. For now I will stick with my H-Ds but who knows what the future will hold. Being from Iowa we know what moving to Mex does to smaller towns ie Newton and Maytag. Webster City a town of about 4000 is losing a about 1000 jobs Electrolux is moving to Mex. Just saying we used to pay a premium for a Harley made in the USA. It has to stop somewhere or we will be come a 3rd world country. I don't have answers but sometime we have to start taking care of our own. Just a ranting, feel free to post your opinion.

The more I think about this I seem to recall that back in September HD accepted some union concessions that will keep assembly/production in Milwaukee. And, I think that agreement was for a 7-yr term. So hopefully this Mexico movement is simply a rumor.

I am Canadian and will no longer ride HD if they start making them in Mexico. I think we should stand up as HD riders and send Harley our voice. Made in Canada or the USA only keep our jobs here:newsmile075:

ewiltgen : My father in-law told me H-D is moving their assemby plant(s) to Mexico, components will still be made in the USA but assembeled in Mexico.

1 Is this true? Only upper H-D management knows. It sounds like a case of 'if you don't know the truth, make it up' kinda rumour.

2 That will alot (EDIT) of people off including myself. Yep, that's why it's a rumour.

3 The big Hondas are assembled in the US. Not anymore, I believe there was an announcement this spring that assembly was moving back to Japan

and now they are going to assemble our bikes. Cheap as dirt labour costs and less environmental meddling by governments.

Father in law is just messing with you. I have heard rumors like this for decades. No one ever does any research first. If Harley did mover its assembley plant to Mexico that would seriously hurt their sells. I think Polaris is going to find that out real soon after they move to Mexico. Harley does have assembly plants in Indian and Brazil. This is to sell in those markets to beat their high import taxes. The world has high import taxes and we don't. See a problem there?

Well, after seeing what Chrysler did by taking bailout money and almost immediately shutting down a plant in St. Louis and moving 2000 jobs to Mexico, nothing would surprise me.

Back