free website stats program metzler tire psi | Harley Davidson Forums

metzler tire psi

fattyboy

Hi,All Just put 120/70x21 on front,140/80x16 on rear.Their on a 2001 Road King,Dont no what air pressure to run when riding two up. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,All Just put 120/70x21 on front,140/80x16 on rear.Their on a 2001 Road King,Dont no what air pressure to run when riding two up. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

My experience with Metzlers so far has been that they like to run at Max pressure, for handling and durability.

Look at your tire ( Side walls) that should indicate the max pressure for the tire. Just run it 2 lbs less than max and you should be good to go. been running my tires like that for the last 4 years and have been very happy.
Regardless of solo or 2 up. I run both front and rear on mine at 40 and the max indicated is 42 for both.

My experience with Metzlers so far has been that they like to run at Max pressure, for handling and durability.

I Agree.... The proper tire pressure for my Metzeler ME880 160/70B17 79V rear tire, Min/Max cold is 44/50 psi. I am running 46 psi cold and so far all is well and the bike handles Great. It took me awhile to accept that as being the correct pressure to run.

Their web site has all the specs for air pressure & maximum weight load.

Go to the Metzler web site they have all the tire pressures there, like my 05 Ultra is 36 front and 38 rear.

Hate to say this, but I ran them on my honda, and everybody is right take max subtract 2. Best tire I ran on the metric. Right now running stock tires on the Fat Bob (tire and wheel plan). Also would like to know thoughts on a good tire for the Fat Bob.

Metzler rates the Marathon max at 50 PSI if memory serves...so just adjust to the max that your SEVICE or USER manual references for Solo or 2-Up respectively. Since Metzler rates the max so high, I suppose you have more margin in the upper pressure area, but remember overinflation changes the sidewall profile and will actually LOWER the size of contact patch pattern when at high lean angles NOT for the better! Part of the deal is to have sideways skid recovery...with small tire patch and roll pattern once the skid starts you may not have time to recover.

Go to Metzler web site they will tell you the proper tire pressure, it is higher than the normal, tire pressure.

Look at the side wall, max psi cold for max load rating. The tire guys are nice enough to put the info on there for ya. With a little more research you'll see they also put the mfg.date and speed rating on there as well!

Back