free website stats program Metzeler 888 | Harley Davidson Forums

Metzeler 888

Webbtron

Banned
Looking for tires as I prepare for the Salt Springs Florida Meet and Greet and the guy tells me he is not suppose to say anything but Metzeler is upgrading the 880 to an 888 in January. This guy was way sold on the Metzeler tire and we only got to the Metzelers because he didn't have the Dunlop 402s front and rear in anything but black and I like the WWW. Anyway might wait and try the 888 since this is my first time changing the front.

I personally did not like the Metzeler tires on my bike. The Metzeler wore out quick I only got around 8000 miles on the rear and they seamed to hydroplane on wet roads. I like the D402 because they handle well no matter what the road surface is like and I get good wear out of the tires (16,000 on the rear).

I personally did not like the Metzeler tires on my bike. The Metzeler wore out quick I only got around 8000 miles on the rear and they seamed to hydroplane on wet roads. I like the D402 because they handle well no matter what the road surface is like and I get good wear out of the tires (16,000 on the rear).

I'm going to look into those 888's - since I put Metzelers on my Softail Custom, it rides like it's on rails even in the rain. The lifespan could be better so I hope the 888's live longer.

Well I got to decide because I will be stuck with the Front tire and wouldn't want to just discard a good front tire to make the switch back to Dunlops. Even with that I have 9000 on the Dunlop rear and could go farther but not on a 3500 mile trek....just not a smart approach. So I'll make the tires new in late January. That will also let me see if I can get decent roads to get out of town.....might not even be doing any tires if I am just going to set in the garage.

Just ordered front and rear 888's for my 04 Heritage Softail thru the stealership. They back ordered them thru Gods country (Wisconsin) said they should be here in 2 weeks. HD has a special and will mount, balance and discard old tyres for fifty bucks-not bad. Can not wait to have Metzeler's on it.

Hopefully you'll be happy and report back either way. I chickened out and stuck with D402 Dunlops. Went black walls this time and it is taking me awhile to get used to the look...might have been hasty on that.

Hopefully you'll be happy and report back either way. I chickened out and stuck with D402 Dunlops. Went black walls this time and it is taking me awhile to get used to the look...might have been hasty on that.

I had to go to blackwalls when I went from D402's to Elite 3's in search of better mileage. It took me about 3 months to really like the blackwall look.
I think Harleys are the only thing on the road with whitewalls (I still like the look though).

Just ordered front and rear 888's for my 04 Heritage Softail thru the stealership. They back ordered them thru Gods country (Wisconsin) said they should be here in 2 weeks. HD has a special and will mount, balance and discard old tyres for fifty bucks-not bad. Can not wait to have Metzeler's on it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the 888's.

Back