free website stats program Metalic buzz/chirp | Harley Davidson Forums

Metalic buzz/chirp

baymax90

My '99 Dyna Sport has developed a chirping/buzzing sound somewhere in the front. The sound kicks in when the bike is underway. It seems constant regardlesss of the speed ( like its a vibration of some sort). It stops if I put the clutch in while moving and let off the throttle. But if I rev the engine while the clutch is in and the bike is moving- the sound kicks back in. There is no noise if the bike is stopped and the engine reved - it only occurs when the bike is moving. Any thoughts?

Checked. It isn't the headlight or gas cap. Weird........ Probably going to have to take it to the dealer....

coming from the front like you say it sound you should be able to find it while riding it. When you hear it start looking for with your hand. Push on different thing in the area of the sound. maybe reach under the tank and lift or push on it. from the way you describe the noise it doesn't sound critical....but it'll bug the heck outa ya till you find it

Go around the bike and check all that you can for tightness. I had a similar issue and it ended up being the horn mount that worked itself loose. Good luck.

Back