free website stats program metal disc to metal disc noise | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

metal disc to metal disc noise

I don't know what compensator your running, and I agree that the clutch/clutch pack could cause the noise your hearing. When you disengage the clutch you take the load off the clutch pack and the compensator. I think you need to look at both ends of the drive.

I don't know what compensator your running, and I agree that the clutch/clutch pack could cause the noise your hearing. When you disengage the clutch you take the load off the clutch pack and the compensator. I think you need to look at both ends of the drive.

The compensator is the original that came with the bike. 1993

Clutch slippage and or loud constant knocking noise would be a give away at a problem IMO, does the barnett set up have adjustable springs for the clutch, Not agreeing with Barnett but they do suggest ATF for their clutch packs and I would assume you pre soaked the plates

I did new clutch discs, metal and fiber. I replaced the 37971-90 CLUTCH PLATE ( which has brass rivets holding it together) and replaced it with the required amount of metal and fiber discs to fill that gap. All I ever added since then was the Racing SPRING diaphragm by barnette. Never replaced any thing else.

How many miles on the primary chain? Are you running an auto-tensioner on it? Have you looked at the wear shoe on the tensioner? You're pulling a lot more weight than the original compensator was designed for. Have you checked with any of the conversion companies to see what compensator they run on the evo set up?

Back