free website stats program Met up with webbtron | Harley Davidson Forums

Met up with webbtron

wannaride

Had a great ride today with webbtron, great guy. We went 450+ miles today & got burnt by the sun. Cop flashed us to slow down (that was nice, most of the time they turn around & give me a ticket). Had some tar snakes attack us on some curves before & after a bridge, they can give you some pucker. But all in all, it was a great ride. We went from Colorado Springs, Co. to Syracuse Kansas, there is a sand park there. Ride safe

Toby

I thought I was the only one that noticed the tar snakes since they seemed be in the inside trying to get away from Toby I guess. Toby is a good safe rider that is very road and MC savvy and great conversationalist. I would imagine that is the first time that my 2000 RK has gallopped that hard for that long. I got it over 5000 miles and now have at least an idea how far I can cover and of course how I'll feel the next day. I would also mention that I did notice the wind a time or two and that helped the red face effect. I was broke in to touring by an expert. thanks craig

Good to see the weather held up to be out and about. 450 miles is a nice run...always a good ride especially "ticket free"...:bigsmiley12:

Had a great ride today with webbtron, great guy. We went 450+ miles today & got burnt by the sun. Cop flashed us to slow down (that was nice, most of the time they turn around & give me a ticket).

Toby

Flashed you to slow down???? That must of been a sight to see!!!! I think I would have rather gotten the ticket!!!!!!
:small3d031:

I think I liked getting flashed instead of a ticket, much rather spend my money on anything else. Was a great ride, really enjoyed it.

Toby

... .. ... ... Toby is a good safe rider that is very road and MC savvy and great conversationalist. I would imagine that is the first time that my 2000 RK has gallopped that hard for that long. ... .. .... thanks craig

Great story guys, enjoyed reading it. So Craig you have a Sportster and a RK. I envy you. Hope to add a tourer to my garage someday also while keeping my present ride.

Yea RWB I bought the Sportster from my Brother back in 86, it sat under a tarp for 10 years (2000 to 2010) while I got my little sprinkler business going. Of course I had no idea it would be 10 years when I shut it down but it had an electrical problem that I didn't have the focus for until last fall. Turned out one orange wire connecting to 3 orange wires in the headlight broke so that fixed everything and then the Wife and I started riding put about 1700 miles on it ....she didn't fight me when I said I'd like to ride something comfortable for a change. Oh she did say she wanted floor boards and she got her wish. It was actually a client whose husband had died that started it all, she had a 97 Dyna WGlide for $6000 ...Wife said "You don't ride the one you got" She can't say that anymore:p I should point out my Wife likes to point out the obvious, it keeps the conversation going.

Back