free website stats program Met Bubbie and Chopper | Harley Davidson Forums

Met Bubbie and Chopper

geezer

Contributor
Last week I drove to Enumclaw Washington and met Bubbie in person. He's a very distinguished looking guy who's much younger looking than his age. He was a gracious host and an excellent tour guide. He took me to Gerbing world headquarters in Tumwater and we got a short tour. I got to see where Bubbie lives and his well equipped welding shop where he made his millions. After meeting his much much better half I'm convinced he could sell freezers to the Eskimos but I'm still not sure how he talked his lovely wife into marrying him. Had a great time with both of them and was glad to put a face to a voice even if we look alike.
Then I went to Pocatello Idaho to meet the world famous Chopper. I thought I might have to show photo ID to prove to him I was Geezer because he didn't want to believe I drove all that way to meet him. He showed me his beautiful shop that he keeps neat as a pin and where he's going to make his millions. That man has tools I've never seen or heard of before. I was lucky that Chopper was caught up with the bikes that were in his shop and we chewed the fat for several hours. I went and met Sue at their home and we had a great visit. Although I've seen pictures of both of them and their place it was great to see and meet them in person. Unfortunately I could only stay for a day but we did go out for diner and back to their place. I can't wait for the next road trip and meeting more HDT members.

So, I have to ask.......DID BUBBIE FIX YOU A PORK CHOP???? :lolrolling:lolrolling

But seriously, I'm glad you got to meet two great members of the forum. :s

I totally forgot to ask for a pork-chop. I wish I would have thought of it when I was there.

It was really great meeting you in person Geezer, was like a visit from family, but better, much better! lol.
Now you got me looking forward to meeting Bubbie some day as well as other friends on the forum.
Don’t know if anyone remembers the old Honda saying from the 60’s “you meet the nicest people on a Honda”
well I think that saying should include Harleys and HDTimeline.
:cheers

I've had Honda's but I think the nicest people are on Harley's.

I would have to agree. Thanks for sharing your adventure. It nice to hear the personal side of these highly knowledgeable people that always give spot on advice....

Good for you Geezer, 2 guys on my must meet list:s Good to have you back

Tank,you really flattered me when you put me in the same company as Bubbie and Chopper. They are two of the nicest gentlemen I have ever met and are happy to share their knowledge and quick to help a fellow rider.

Good to see you getting together, meeting nice people on Hondas, Harleys...basically motorcycles...has always been a common denominator for meeting friends. :D

Meeting people from the internet can seem awkward... but I plan to run into Chopper this summer even if its just for a few minutes. Will have to get up north and run into Bubbie too. Its always good to put faces to names. I'm hoping to have enough time for a brew and some war stories. I'm sure they both could right a book!

Back