free website stats program Merry Christmas! poem | Harley Davidson Forums

Merry Christmas! poem

‘Twas the night before Christmas,

And all through the barn not a creature was stirring, not even my sweet Ar. The gas tank was hung by the paint rack with care in hopes that biker Nicholas soon would be there. The rug rats were nestled all snug in there beds while visions of mini bikes danced in their heads. And Ar in her kerchief and I in my skull cap had just settled down from a day full of . When out from the barn there arose such a clatter I grabbed my 9mm and ran to see what, was the matter.
On the way to the front door I flew like a flash, tripped on Little Dog and went flying out on my Rear. The yard light was shining on the new fallen snow, and it gave a luster of mid-day, and for Ar a really good show. And what to my bloodshot eyes did I see, a little ole side car and 8 shiny Harleys, with a little ole rider so lively and quick I knew in a moment it was my painter buddy Nick. More rapid then eagles his scooters they came, and he whistled and shouted as he called them by name Now Wideglide! Now Duoglide! Now Roadglide and Sprinter! On Dyna! On Sportster! On Classic and Springer! To the top of the porch! To the top of the wall! Now ride away! Ride away! Ride away all!
As dry leaves that before the wild hurricane fly, as they leave from the blacktop and rise to the sky, So up to the barn top the scooters they flew, with a side car full of parts and my bro Nicholas to, and then in a twinkling I heard from the bikes, the snorting exhaust sounds from each little pipe.
As I was opening the barn door and turning around, down the ole wood burner he came with a bound. He was dressed all in leather from his head to his foot, and his clothes were all tarnished with bike oil and gook. A bundle of parts he had flung on his back, I had hoped he was bringing my new chrome fender rack. His forehead was wrinkled! His dimples were scary! His face was all red! And his cheeks were all hairy! His chapped ole lips were burnt from the wind, and snow white braids fell from the beard on his chin. ( edit ................)
He had a broad face and a big fat round belly, you could tell he’d been on the road a while, he was kinda smelly. He was chubby and plump a right jolly old elf, and I laughed when I saw him, he kinda looked like myself. A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, soon gave me to know, the color would be red. He spoke not a word but went straight to his work, spraying all my bike parts then he turned with a jerk, and putting my new fender rack next to my frame he went back up the wood burner just like he came. He sprang to his sled, to the bikes rang a bell, and they all rode away like a bat out a(edit)

And I heard him exclaim ere he rode out of site,

Merry Christmas to all, and let that paint dry all night!

Griz, 09

Last edited by a moderator:
Back