free website stats program Memphis Shades Cafe Fairing | Harley Davidson Forums

Memphis Shades Cafe Fairing

fxdc1951

Does anyone have this fairing?

memphis_shades_cafe_fairing_for_harley_sportsterand_dyna19862014_detail.jpg

I have the exact same bike as in the pic, and love the way it looks, but........how does it work? Does it help with the wind any? I'm looking for something to get some wind off my chest when traveling at 70 mph, or on windy days. I HATE windshields, and really like this. But does it do anything besides look good? Thanks!

It may help but only slightly. You need to way out the cost versus benefit.
As the saying goes, "Someday you will own a bagger."

I don't own one (I have 1 of those dreaded baggers) but I would think the design would allow for wind deflection.

Any thing to keep the wind from pounding you to death on a Dyna is a big plus IMO After riding from Florida to Sturgis on my Dyna, Jeff and I traded bikes for 100 miles, he said if I did not put a windshield on in Sturgis he would for me. The Redhead told me to put one on before I left my reply I dont need no stikin wind shield BOY was I wrong. I like the chopped look you have picked I say go with it:s

Thanks guys! Didn't mean to disrespect baggers! Like I said, I owned three, but at my age (63) I prefer a simpler, lighter bike. I don't really ride over 300 miles anymore, but would like a little wind protection for those freeway miles. Probably will go with a QD windshield.

Thanks guys! Didn't mean to disrespect baggers! Like I said, I owned three, but at my age (63) I prefer a simpler, lighter bike. I don't really ride over 300 miles anymore, but would like a little wind protection for those freeway miles. Probably will go with a QD windshield.

What about a half helmet with a flip down shield???

I have an 06 FXDI running the MS cafe fairing, as already stated it doesn't make a world of difference, but It is a very noticeable difference. I thought I was good without any wind distribution but after I put it on it was a significant reduction in rider fatigue. I'm not a cross country rider but my weekend rides last for at least a few hundred miles and the difference is such that I may go the next size up. The wind is almost completely diverted from the torso but you still get the draft to the upper half of the face which I don't mind, I'm air cooled just like my bike.

Only criticism I have for the MS set up is it does take a little while and some tweaking to get the mounting hardware to stay locked in tight. I thought I had it dead solid after installation but the mounting rings slid up the forks a bit which caused a clicking noise from the bottom lip knocking off the bottom of the head lamp while idling.

Hope that helps.

Pudge

I had one on my sportster I sold. I thought it did a good job. Took enough wind pressure off to give my arms a brake. I would do it again...

Back