free website stats program Memory OF Heroes | Harley Davidson Forums

Memory OF Heroes

sworrub

Wootton Bassett a Wiltshire town near to RAF Lyneham where the fallen soldiers from Afganistan are repatriated. Usually the streets are lined with locals, wellwishers and of course relatives on what is now an all too regular occurance. But today some 10,000 bikers and 5,000 pillion passengers took part in a procession through the town to raise money for the charity AFGAN HEROES.
It is believed £100,000 has been raised so far. The money will be donated to the families who have lost loved ones during the war in Afganistan.
The idea was thought up by 18-year-old motorcyclist Elizabeth Stevens who planned to ride through the town with a few friends.

But the number of riders taking part snowballed when she started a Facebook page.

YouTube - 15,000 bikes converge on Wootton Bassett for Afghan Heroes charity 14th March 2010

What a Ride! My Salute to those that participated. Wish that I could have been there in support.

As an ex seviceman i thank everyone who took part in support of our troops i would have liked to have been there but just a wee bit too far away

Brian

I would like to say thanks to all of you that took part in the ride, to many times people forget what our servicemen go though so that we can enjoy our freedom in this world. Thanks again, this just shows that we bikers don't forget. :rider

Yes thank you all who made this happen. My son is serving there right now. Hobbit a thank you for your support. I am looking for riders to honor the Vietnam Vets here in Wisconsin for a tribute ride from Lacrosse to Lambeau field on the 21st of May. A welcome Home way over due!

I did the ride there,major event in my life,I have to say,as a vet ,it was touching to see the people who turn out every time one of ours is brought home,and who stayed out in the cold all day to show thier respect for what we were doing.It was an honour to be a part of this.
The latest tally was of nearly 20000 bikers,and a sum in excess of 150,000 raised to care for our wounded heroes.
Great event,great cause.

Back