free website stats program Memorial day | Harley Davidson Forums

Memorial day

rydahog

:coffee As your sipping your A.M. coffee, thinking about the memorial day weekend coming up, please take a moment to mentally prepare for your ride.
There will be tons of cagers on the road, with not a lot on their minds except havin fun,,,,same as you are going to do...just a reminder,,:D have fun ride safe, dont obsess over the cages,, luv ya man!! :newsmile092: ryd!

I don't really worry about the ride out, it's the ride back that can get hairy. People just leaving for the weekend are usually alert, excited, happy, in a good mood.
Coming back...people are tired, cranky, hung over (or still drunk!), broke if they went to Vegas, and all in all, not in such a good mood. These are the folks I try to stay away from.

I know, I know. Generalizations.

Not to get me going, but how many folks, on or off the road, give a thought to what Memorial Day actually stands for. As a Vietnam Vet, I guess I'm a bit sensitive about the prevalent idea that Memorial Day is simply Sale Day at the mall. But, don't get me going......

Not to get me going, but how many folks, on or off the road, give a thought to what Memorial Day actually stands for. As a Vietnam Vet, I guess I'm a bit sensitive about the prevalent idea that Memorial Day is simply Sale Day at the mall. But, don't get me going......[/QUOTE]

I'm with you here Prof. Reflection hurts but is good for all! Ride safe and god bless to all of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice!

Gotta agree. Spending my day on a memorial ride that route through the VA hospital for a service. Being a veteran I think the day takes on a better prospective of the day then many. Its a good day of reflection of all that's sacrificed for what we have!
WAP.gif

Not to get me going, but how many folks, on or off the road, give a thought to what Memorial Day actually stands for. As a Vietnam Vet, I guess I'm a bit sensitive about the prevalent idea that Memorial Day is simply Sale Day at the mall. But, don't get me going.....

I'm with you here Prof. Reflection hurts but is good for all! Ride safe and god bless to all of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice!

Well you know my feelings on this so will just say +1. And we all know that rydahog agrees and was just posting a good holiday wish.

As rydahog said, ride safe people. And as Rubyred said, remember who gave us the freedom to celebrate whatever we want and not have to hide in our homes the way the Jews did in Germany.

It is a rough day remembering all my comrades that did not come back home with me. Please remember them and their families in your thoughts and prayers. Good day to ride to cemetary and pay respect. God Bless all you vets.

PaPa T Nam vet

It is a rough day remembering all my comrades that did not come back home with me. Please remember them and their families in your thoughts and prayers. .. ... ... ....

Amen Papa T, I will remember them you can bet on it. They are the heros that live inside my mind all the time. Many times when I hear the Army Reserve Hueys fly over my home, I can still hear the heart beats of all the fallen Nam soldiers in that distintive thump thump of the blades. Don't see Hueys that much anymore though, they becoming rare. But I won't forget.

Show Your Thanks to World War II Vets by Watching This 2-min Video .. .. ... .. .. .. ... ... I know there are more than just WW II vets out there, but probably none as old. I just thought this was a cool trailer. ... .. . .... ... .... .. ...

Great video 09 heritage, I've heard that before about, it ain't dying I'm worried about, it's living that sometimes scares me.

Makes a lot sense sometimes. I remember when I returned home I thought the war was over. But the war is never really over, we are just using different bullets. Still to this day trying to figure which ones are more deadly, but assuredly the ones I saw with green tracers do kill quicker.

Thanks for posting

Not to get me going, but how many folks, on or off the road, give a thought to what Memorial Day actually stands for. As a Vietnam Vet, I guess I'm a bit sensitive about the prevalent idea that Memorial Day is simply Sale Day at the mall. But, don't get me going......

I'm with you here Prof. Reflection hurts but is good for all! Ride safe and god bless to all of those who have made the ultimate sacrifice![/QUOTE]

I second everything that you have stated here Rubyred. Been a long time gone for me also. I have the honor of a son serving his second tour,this time in Iraq so we as a family and also the neighborhood will honor past and present vets as usual. God Bless the American soldier !

Show Your Thanks to World War II Vets by Watching This 2-min Video | Show Your Thanks to World War II Veterans Before It's Too Late! | Causes

I know there are more than just WW II vets out there, but probably none as old. I just thought this was a cool trailer.

Please take the time to thank a Veteran and remember why we celebrate this day.
I know I will!
Thanks, and be safe.

Here is a Hero that my wife met down in Mississippi and has since become very close with. He made all 4 major jumps in WWII. They are becoming lost legions! God Bless them and all the men and women that fight to keep us free!

Attachments

• DSCN4110.jpg
    DSCN4110.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 35
Back