free website stats program Memo from Rush muflers | Harley Davidson Forums

Memo from Rush muflers

Read a memo today at the stealership that they tested an 07 Sporty with the 1.75 slipons and it sniffed within the EPA requirments of the the stock pipes. This is a stock 07 Sporty with just the slipons added. They are advising people to try the Rush slipons & not to do a fuel pak & air cleaner unless they are looking for more power. So if you are just wanting your 07 Sporty to sound like a Harley, givem a try.

I bought a pair of 1.75 Rush slip ons for my Ultra. The local dealer says put em on and run her, says they do it all the time.

I should have known better! My plan was to leave them in the box until I got a Techlusion tuner, but curiosity got the best of me. I put them on, and fought with a leak, (see other thread), but finally got them sealed up. Went for what started out to be a test run, and 50 miles later returned home to find my head pipes purple all the way back to the mufflers. I took them back off tonight and went back to stock. I'll just wait til I'm ready to do the whole deal with Air cleaner and all.

It might work on a Sportster, but I doubt it.

Oh by the way, they don't sound to good either!

Read a memo today at the stealership that they tested an 07 Sporty with the 1.75 slipons and it sniffed within the EPA requirments of the the stock pipes. This is a stock 07 Sporty with just the slipons added. They are advising people to try the Rush slipons & not to do a fuel pak & air cleaner unless they are looking for more power. So if you are just wanting your 07 Sporty to sound like a Harley, givem a try.

Very misleading statement on the dealers part. Pretty much any muffler will lean out an already lean mixture and will be well within the EPA regs. Not only that but they probably didn't tell you what RPM that they tested it at. The 02 sensors adjust the fuel in cruise mode and not elsewhere. Sounds like their markup is significant on rush mufflers to me.

ADD FUEL with exhaust or intake.

Back