free website stats program Medical - "Alien" Probe | Harley Davidson Forums

Medical - "Alien" Probe

TQuentin1

Staff member
OK you guys. This is a PSA!!

All of you that are in the Fifty-Something age range or more, I am strongly encouraging all of you to go and have your "Alien" Probe done. You know what I am talking about!!!

Just had my third one today. Had my first when I was around 50. My Doctor found a bunch of polyps that he had to remove and an area that he was not happy with. So he recommended I have a follow up the following year. At that second "Probe", all was OK, so he recommended I have a followup after 5 years. That was supposed to be last year, but with my MC accident, I delayed it to this year.

Well this time around he found 6 polyps that had to be removed. They have been sent to the Lab for analysis to make sure they are benign. Doc thinks he got them in time and that there should be no problem. Fingers crossed!!

So now I am on a three year cycle.

Worse part of the whole thing is the day before the procedure getting the GI track empty and ready for the procedure. The procedure itself is no problem, because they knock you out and you have NO memory of what went on. But the day/night before is not too bueno!!

Anyway. All of you tough guys and mean biker dudes suck it up and go get it done!! Might save your life.

Cheers,

TQ

58 and I have had 5 "probes" with only one clean one. Never more than 2 or 3 polyps but every 3 years for me. If they offer the choice of the gallon jug of go juice or the pills , take the juice. It is over faster

Y'all are scaring me. I haven't been to a doctor in 25 years. Don't plan on it either. :newsmile091:

I still have not done this, tho I do a screen test every year with my physical

I had my first one done in the early 90's. They didn't knock you out then, and let me say it was very uncomfortable. The most uncomfortable part, was the Dr. and female assistant carrying on a conversation not totally related to what they were doing while he "drove" the scope. It's not nearly as bad now when I'm unconscious.
You don't know what EMPTY is until you do the pre-inspection ritual. :shock

Back