free website stats program measuring torque | Harley Davidson Forums

measuring torque

Good question, but I thought they didn't post specs on hp for their models? I know they stated hp numbers for the V-Rod, but I've never seen any other models.....I could be wrong though. Just a venture to guess....I would think if they stated the figures, it would be at the crank and not the rear wheel. Although I'm sure as bikes come off the assembly line, they put them on dyno type rollers to run through the gears and test the functions, I doubt they measure hp and torque numbers during that process.

You have now peaked my interest and await a more definitive answer.

It's at the crank. If you read rear wheel dyno sheets on stock bikes, the Torque is less than factory spec. My service manual says my 96 in has 91 ft.lbs. torque. I remember several dyno sheets on the forum posting 80-85 rear wheel tq. with stage 1. Also Harley does not pull a random engine off the shelf to run on the dyno. It's carefully assembled with the optimum clearances.

It's at the crank. If you read rear wheel dyno sheets on stock bikes, the Torque is less than factory spec. My service manual says my 96 in has 91 ft.lbs. torque. I remember several dyno sheets on the forum posting 80-85 rear wheel tq. with stage 1. Also Harley does not pull a random engine off the shelf to run on the dyno. It's carefully assembled with the optimum clearances.

HMMM, they should Dyno one every day to get a real number at the rear wheel JMO This would give all the lines a better number after running through all the perspective gearing and clutches available:s

What do you expect when the marketing guys print up the spec sheets, truth in advertising? Worst case numbers? But remember all manufactures do the same thing..."may the buyer beware"...

Back