free website stats program meaningless ramble | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

meaningless ramble

Right on! I actually got goose bumps reading your post. I've always wanted to ride up the coast of CA, and for a brief moment their I actually pictured the ocean. Your living the dream my friend. Ride on. Ride American. Ride a HD.

That is only meaningless ramble to someone who doesn't "really ride". That feeling of not wanting to be anywhere else on earth at that particular point in time is a feeling many get when riding. The purr of the engine and the open road ahead just have a way of making you feel at peace with the world and any problems or worries you have are forgotten.

Great post...these types of long posts are ones that RichardS appreciates as do I. Becoming one with the machine takes "seat time" as well as plenty of parking lot "solo time" to work up your personal "skill set." Coming from a metric sportbike to a Harley took only a few moments to "warm up" to her, but to become a partner comes when what seemed unnatural suddenly becomes an "instinctive" response took several months.

The same feeling happens when you go down a "technical" road with plenty of switchbacks and off camber turns, in the beginning you feel tentative, but there comes a time when you suddenly start "weighing in" standing the bike up slightly in turns and working the bike efficiently...it gets better after this and your smile "in the wind" will be very hard to contain. Enjoy!

Now you know the meaning of " if I have to explain, you won't understand"

Now you understand!

It's called "A Harley Riders Zen State". It's almost like the ol days after a coupla hits offa....., well you know, listnen to the Doors, Traffic or Pink Floyd, all ya gotta do is let the bike take ya where no one else can go, yer high on the ride.

I've been 'there' before on my 07 Nightster... now trying to get 'there' again on my new 09 RG. The change has been good so far (2 weeks), hoping the zen will be back soon.

I get into that zen feeling every day at 3:30pm when I leave work and take the extra long way home on the back country roads there is nothing like it.
i rented an Ultra in San Diago and did the PCH up to Santa Barbara and back to San Diago i would do it again if i get the chance.

Back