free website stats program meaningless ramble | Harley Davidson Forums

meaningless ramble

this is a "for what it's worth" post.
it's only 'cause i had one of "those" rides today.
i live about 25 minutes up a mountain from where i work (and yes, i work on weekends). i'm in Santa Cruz, CA., so highway 1 is a beautiful option, should i decide to come to work that way.
a little over a month ago i bought an '09 RKC. up 'til now i've been getting to know the bike. you know ... those first bonding experiences with a new ride. my first HD. also my first bagger. it's an entirely different ride than i was used to on my standard BMW Roadster. in the beginning, the Harley was "riding me." now i'm "riding the Harley," if that makes any sense.
so yesterday and today was all about that sweet transition period where my muscle-memory is now in tune with this machine's idiosyncrasies & particulars -- not fumbling for control switches, not having to "think" about shifting, no more searching for pegs beneath my seat when the floorboards are in front of me, lean and angle in curves is just right, throttle control much more automatic ... and the bike is becoming part of me. and it feels GREAT!
at first i was so tentative with her but now we've sort of melded.
it's likely this sounds insane as you read it ... but today, on highway 1, the ocean stretched out to my side, gorgeous California weather, my bike purring along ... well ... it was a fantastic feeling and there is nowhere on earth i would rather have been at that very moment in time.
yes, i now love my harley.

cheers ...

this is a "for what it's worth" post.
it's only 'cause i had one of "those" rides today.
i live about 25 minutes up a mountain from where i work (and yes, i work on weekends). i'm in Santa Cruz, CA., so highway 1 is a beautiful option, should i decide to come to work that way.
a little over a month ago i bought an '09 RKC. up 'til now i've been getting to know the bike. you know ... those first bonding experiences with a new ride. my first HD. also my first bagger. it's an entirely different ride than i was used to on my standard BMW Roadster. in the beginning, the Harley was "riding me." now i'm "riding the Harley," if that makes any sense.
so yesterday and today was all about that sweet transition period where my muscle-memory is now in tune with this machine's idiosyncrasies & particulars -- not fumbling for control switches, not having to "think" about shifting, no more searching for pegs beneath my seat when the floorboards are in front of me, lean and angle in curves is just right, throttle control much more automatic ... and the bike is becoming part of me. and it feels GREAT!
at first i was so tentative with her but now we've sort of melded.
it's likely this sounds insane as you read it ... but today, on highway 1, the ocean stretched out to my side, gorgeous California weather, my bike purring along ... well ... it was a fantastic feeling and there is nowhere on earth i would rather have been at that very moment in time.
yes, i now love my harley.

cheers ...

Would stay and chat but your post makes me want to RIDE!!!...:rider

If you're married or have a girlfriend , dont tell her about this.

Unless she rides a Harley - She wont understand.

Some relationships are not ment to be told.

I feel that way just about every time I ride my Ultra...it's my first Harley too and now I understand!

If you're married or have a girlfriend , dont tell her about this.

Unless she rides a Harley - She wont understand.

Some relationships are not ment to be told.

oh, you got that right!
my girlfriend tolerates me & my bike ... but just tolerates, mind you.

It's becoming second nature. I hear about new riders asking questions about how to ride. I always tell them just do it. After a while it just becomes second nature and you dont even have to think about it. Become one with the bike grasshopper.

Back