free website stats program Mean City Seat Mods | Harley Davidson Forums

Mean City Seat Mods

jroberts23

I have a 2011 stock SG seat that I use on my bikes. Thinking of have the Mean City Cycles Super Narrow Mods. Have any of you had this particular modification done to your seat? I would be interested in long haul comfort and overall happiness with the modifications. Thanks.

One thing to keep in mind about having the seat narrowed. Originally HD in 08 made their seats wider to aid in blocking the heat that you will experience when stuck in traffic. A lot of riders thought that HD did a frame change in 08. Because after sitting on an 07 with their soles sitting flat on the pavement and then sitting on an 08. They found they couldnt flat foot the pavement anymore. The frame change was actually in 09. But the widening of the seat was in 08. So with a narrower seating. You be allowing a lot more heat to come up and fry your inner thighs. I'm a product sponsor in here and I manufacture the No More Fried Thighs V-Twin Heat Deflectors. Which incidentally is the 1st and best Heat Deflectors on the market since 2002.

V-Twin Heat Deflectors

I have a 2011 stock SG seat that I use on my bikes. Thinking of have the Mean City Cycles Super Narrow Mods. Have any of you had this particular modification done to your seat? I would be interested in long haul comfort and overall happiness with the modifications. Thanks.

I jas an 05 electra glide and had Mean City narrow my seat and set it back a little, now I have a street glide with a sun ray and I totaly hate it mabey I can get tem to redo this one their a great bunch to do busness with:)

Back