Mean city seat mod.completed 06 RK

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by THOM1, Apr 24, 2011.

1. THOM1

THOM1 Member

Just got my mustang solo seat reworked from mean city cycles, I cant belive the difference , I rode a few times with it and liked the mod .I got , But today took the cake. I took a ride for 272 (SMILES), what a difference. There is not much difference in the profile , slightly more dish to the seat but what ever they do they do it right. I always got a sore butt and cramp in lower neck after 80 miles or so. NOT TODAY.This is by far the best money I have spent on my scoot. Or should I say on ME. Now sending my sundowner 2 up seat for rework on both driver and pass. seat. Thanks all at Mean city cycles . Hop

2. lorne

lorne Senior Member

sounds great can we see a pic

3. Trek

Trek Junior Member

I would love to have mine reworked but if I just send it to them how do they know what to do? I just sat on my buddies 02 ultra and you sit more down and forward. On my 09 I sit higher and farther back. Now don't get me wrong I still would have bought this bike but would like to be just a little more down and forward. What is the cost at Mean City by the way to have something like that done.

4. THOM1

THOM1 Member

Just tell them what you need and they will work with you . Allen is great to work with and the cost is cheep for what i got done . Just call them and explain what you want , He will go over the different Mods. with you and advise you on what you might need. you will be happy at the cost. I dont want to post price , but it is very reasonable ,and well wort it. Give them a call.

5. Trek

Trek Junior Member

Thanks Thom.

6. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Glad to hear it worked out for you Thom. I am still enjoying both seats that I bought from you for your old bike. Nobody enjoys the two up Mustang more than Trixie. She really likes it. Thanks again.

Bodeen

7. HD Texan

HD Texan Member

Glad to read this.
    I was on the wire about whether to send mine off to them, but you just convinced me.
    I wouldn't mind a little more comfort, but I'd love to be able to sit a couple of inches further back :).

8. THOM1

THOM1 Member

Glad your enjoying them, Bodeen. tom