free website stats program MC lift...A pain in the Garage! | Harley Davidson Forums

MC lift...A pain in the Garage!

walleye

Contributor
Where do you store your MC lift? I always find myself moving it or stepping over it. Has anyone come up with a good place or idea for keeping these pesky things out of the way? They are a must have but a real pain (at least for me) to store. :(

I have the pit bull lift and I put one of those large hooks in the stud in the garage wall I tied the lift arms so they dont swing open and stand it straight up like a ladder against the wall and tie it to the hook and I can still store stuff in front of it. I have a one car garage two touring bikes and a lot of stuff space is always a problem in my garage. :glasses :rider

We slide ours under a table. (We have the yellow Sears version like Smitty's) We can take the handle out & stand it against the wall of the table so that it is all out of the way.

Slide the lift under a cabinet, table, or bench against the wall if you have any of those. You can detach the handle on most of them so it's also out of the way. Mine sticks out into a very low traffic area but, just to be safe, I stuck a bright colored plastic cup over the end of the handle so I don't impale myself.

Unfortunately I have 2 air lifts, and they gotta stay ont the floor, the answer is to do what I did, I built a 24X40 garage just for me, All my tools and everything in there where it does not bother anyone or anything. I even put a car lift in there. I call it my vacation are!

Well, As much as I would like to use Drumguy's solution, unfortunately it is not an option for me. I will use the stand on end - hook in wall method. Keep ideas coming. Thanks.:D

I built a wodden work bench with sufficient space underneath to store my bike lift
workbench is 8ft long and it never seems to big enough

Brian

Due to limited space in the garage, my Classic lives on my J&S when it's not being ridden.
Takes me all of about 2 minutes to put the bike on the jack, spin it around and shove it to the front of the garage....so the wifes car will fit.
When the bike isn't on the lift, it rolls under the workbench.

Brian has the right idea, garage, work shed or storage shed...in my case just "adapted" the space...FOR ALL THREE...storage no problem, place for working on bike...put'er there, park the car...inside or outside it's all good.

If that doesn't work, the "RULE" is floors and walk areas must be clear and hazard free 'cause..."--you really need the room to fit that 2nd bike...eh...toy...eh "tools for work!" A man HAS to live within his means after all...What was that?...I'll be right in to fix that leaky faucet...houses require much more maintenance than a Harley after all...dont't they?!!!

Back