free website stats program MC Cop Cut Me Some Slack | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

MC Cop Cut Me Some Slack

One other anecdote I learned there: when the officer turns on the light the perpetrator is "Officially" under arrest and a nonvoluntary part of the judicial system, if they choose to ignore or take flight it is resisting arrest; only after a complete stop, presentation of papers...at the officer' discretion...he can "release" that court obligation or put the "Arrestee" in custody...once he goes to his vehicle with your papers to call in, there are no other options, he is giving you a citation and the camera is rolling.

Pretty much true. And another reason I really try not to get stopped. When I have to go through the reviews of by background check all "official contacts with law enforcement" have to be explained in writing. Not a huge deal but a pain.

Pretty much true. And another reason I really try not to get stopped. When I have to go through the reviews of by background check all "official contacts with law enforcement" have to be explained in writing. Not a huge deal but a pain.

In Canadian law, once a peace officer decides in his or her mind that he or she is going to arrest, is when a person is technically under arrest.

My best no-ticket story: I was riding a CBR600 in Alabama heading south doing about 75 mph in a 55 zone about a mile from the Florida border. I passed a State Trooper going the other direction and figured by the time he turned around I'd be in Florida so I kept going. Later in the day when I was heading home I came across the same Trooper, I was slowing down after passing a group of cars at about 100mph. The Trooper turned on his lights, did a U-turn and pulled me over. The first thing out of his mouth was "I've been looking for you since this morning". It was a really hot day and I thanked him for pulling me over and letting me sit in his nice air conditioned car to cool off. He talked to me for a while, gave me a written warning and sent me on my way.

Back