free website stats program MC Cop Cut Me Some Slack | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

MC Cop Cut Me Some Slack

I was lucky the other day, m/c officer saw me do a "Hollywood" stop but I also pulled into my garage, he smiled and waved...as he drove past .:57:

Yesterday was a beautiful afternoon on the freeway. There were very few cars for a stretch so I opened her up to a little over 80 to hear/feel my new cams. In a 65. And then there was a MC cop well hidden behind a bridge pillar. With his radar gun pointed right at me. All he did was raise his helmet in a nod as a rode by. I really appreciated it.
I can relate to this,,just today there was a MC stopping traffic for a funeral. He saw me on my Rk stopped at the light going the other way and he acknowledged and waved to me .
RK
I was lucky the other day, m/c officer saw me do a "Hollywood" stop but I also pulled into my garage, he smiled and waved...as he drove past .:57:

What is a "Hollywood Stop"?

A feet up "pause" rather than a "legal" complete stop, foot down, count 3 full seconds and then go.

I have a sheriff friend to ride with.. After his NEW street glide was broken in, HE opened it up a little on a Country two lane,,,, pulling away from me...... I figured He MUST be at least 80+ in a 60 zone(his area when on duty)....

Noticed that "Black Grill" coming toward him..... Thinking it was all over for him,,,,,,, The state trooper went by Both of us and kept going with out noticing ONE of us was going too fast..

I did notice my buddy backing off Immediately and looking into his mirror....

I Saw the SWEAT Drops from him on my wind screen.....

Nothing else was said but "that was sure Dumb of Me!"... Pheeeew! :small3d007:

a Cop getting stopped by another Cop is BAD News..Just goes to prove WE ALL take a chance once in a while..

I don't ever mention this to him as he has kept within the 6/10 rule since then...

signed....BUBBIE

Sorry, you have to be kidding. Law enforcement is a freternity, a brotherhood. My buddy rides with 3 city cops and a US Marshal; you would not believe the stories.

Sorry, you have to be kidding. Law enforcement is a freternity, a brotherhood. My buddy rides with 3 city cops and a US Marshal; you would not believe the stories.

Ya, gotta agree with you on that. First thing a cop does when he gets pulled over is to make sure the officer making the stop can see the 'tin' (badge)
Only thing a cop gets no slack for is when he (or she) gets nailed for impaired.
I ride with leo's and it's like a 'get out of jail' card if you get dinged for speeding when you're riding with one of them.

A feet up "pause" rather than a "legal" complete stop, foot down, count 3 full seconds and then go.

From what I understand you can get pulled over if police see you stopping with out putting your feet down.

From what I understand you can get pulled over if police see you stopping with out putting your feet down.

That is correct...one time after committing the deed and one time in traffic school both officers even said you would have to demonstrate that you can come to a complete stop, balance the bike for 2 -3 seconds if you contested it, especially if they had to go to traffic court to reinforce the reason for the citation.:small3d007:

I can do it on my road and mountain bike...tilt front wheel about 20* and lean forward and wag the front wheel ever so slightly...after lots of practice and time, but not on a motorcycle. I did see some MotoGP guys do it on the starting grid...but I will never be that good. :25:

One other anecdote I learned there: when the officer turns on the light the perpetrator is "Officially" under arrest and a nonvoluntary part of the judicial system, if they choose to ignore or take flight it is resisting arrest; only after a complete stop, presentation of papers...at the officer' discretion...he can "release" that court obligation or put the "Arrestee" in custody...once he goes to his vehicle with your papers to call in, there are no other options, he is giving you a citation and the camera is rolling.

Last edited:
My kid brother is a Sheriff, He rides, always be polite, follow all commands when pulled over, also He says it is pretty hard for the radar to get a good lock on most bikes, but I aint pushing it:s

Guess Ive been doing "Hollywood Stops" for about 2 years now. Never knew there was a name for it. If I had to name it. I'd call it "Stopping on my Trike" LOL

Ahhh Zoood...ya got us two wheelers beat "balance-wise" at a 2-3 second stop...!:lolrolling

Tri-ped I guess trumps a Bi-ped...:newsmile030:

Back