free website stats program maximum RPMs | Harley Davidson Forums

maximum RPMs

the 88 in my RKP is 5500 but after i got the stage one, i was told 6200. haven't taken it up there yet

That's about right but it's not going to have a long and happy life with the high RPM's. That's why you're better off using a TFI to add fuel and leave the lower rev limit.

That's about right but it's not going to have a long and happy life with the high RPM's. That's why you're better off using a TFI to add fuel and leave the lower rev limit.

thanks for confirming that Glider i did not know to believe the guy or not about 6200

highest i have gone is about 5300, have a gen 3.5. and that is more than i need to keep me smiling :D

The nice part of owning a newer glide is it shuts motor down when into red zone. Of course this is going down the road.

Ok thanks, there`s a guy down the street that rev`s his bike so high, i sit here just waiting for the motor to blow. I think he`s bent a valve or valves when he starts it theres a a loud bang like a shotgun, then it spits and sputter real bad when he gives it gas slow.

What some guys don't seem to realize is that if you are looking to spin one of these motors up over 6K, it's best you get a bike that can do it without harming the engine like an import.
The newer bikes (96's) is a suicide run to spin them much over about 5K on a regular basis. You'll find it won't live very long if you do. These engines aren't much more than a tractor motor and you don't see any tractors turning 6K unless the farmer is in a hurry to plow the field .:laugh

Why is it when anyone puts a tuner on a Harley and dyno's them, the first thing they do is get the RPM up to 6200. There must be a reason for it but I can't figure it out. I don't think my bike has ever seen 5000 with me riding it.

Why is it when anyone puts a tuner on a Harley and dyno's them, the first thing they do is get the RPM up to 6200. There must be a reason for it but I can't figure it out. I don't think my bike has ever seen 5000 with me riding it.

:p Have you ever heard a Harley hit the rev limiter? It puts me in mind of a Jake brake on a Semi:p

Back