free website stats program MATCO Motorcycle Lifts? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

MATCO Motorcycle Lifts?

Sorry Doc, I was referring to basically more information........since my husband had just bought the one lift, and didn't care for it and returned it recently, I found it fun to find the thread you posted. No offense meant here, just more questions I get to ask the hubby at the table. :)

No offense taken! Just thought I had totally lost my mind for a moment there! Oh, and be kind to hubby - We all buy things and then have buyers remorse or find a better deal as soon as it's home.

i would have to say it's overpriced... looks like a similar lift harbor freight sells - minus the straps - for a quarter of the price...

Similar can be a very misleading word. I went and looked at the Harbor Freight models and measured the pad area, exercised all the mechanics, picked them up, rolled them around, etc. In my opinion, if you're strapped for cash, they would probably work just fine but the MATCO was a much more substantial lift when I went and checked it out. I bought the used MATCO but I'll be thinking seriously about a J&S or Pit Bull if I continue learning to do a substantial amount of my own maintenance. Time will tell!

I am going to start off by saying this is not a pump for Pit Bull.

I was impressed by their site as they were they only site that mentioned adapter.

Depending on your model and year, adapters are required to clear the oil / transmission pans. For you guys that have lowered your bike, that minimum distance is more critical.

So if you got a lift with 4 in clearance and find out you need to add that 1 inch adaptor clearance, you might run into trouble .

I don't have any experience with any of those jacks mentioned, but I purchased one online through the Advanced Auto Parts website. The jack came from "Parts America". Online Auto Parts and Auto Accessories Store at PartsAmerica.com

It is a part #640753 Motorcycle / ATV jack with a 1500 lb capacity. Its very sturdily built with a safety lever, with notches to secure the bike in specific heights.

I haven't had any problems at all. As a matter of fact it holds the bike all the time. I ride into the shop and park the bike on the jack. All the controls, lift and lower, are foot operated, and it has a stand up handle to "guide" it into place. When ready to leave, I whirl the whole rig around to point the bike out, and away I go.

This prticular model does not have any place to "secure" the bike with straps or anything, but there is two long rubber covered platforms that fit the frame of the roadking, and is very sturdy.

Basically I like using it because my bike sits for days, at times or even longer in the winter, and the tires are about an inch off the floor in the 1st safety knotch position.

Cost was $69.99 + 25.31 shipping for a total of $95.30

I don't know about the matco but I had one from northern tool same as harbor freight and that thing aged me ten years every time I used it. Broke down and bought a pit bull, a lot of money but well worht the extra coin.:D

Back