free website stats program Marvel mystery oil | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Marvel mystery oil

A tablespoon a day keeps the Doctor Mechanics away.
I remember using way back to free stuck valves on my 1968 VW bug.
I still use a tablespoon in the tank when breaking in a new engine.
VooDoo or science it seems to work.

hey Scrinch.

I had a 2000 fxds harley, hopped to the hilt.... Never thought to use MMO in the gas, what I used for emergency octane boost (to slow the burning of low octane fuel when 91/92 wasn't available)

was 1/10 gal of diesel into my 5 gal tank.... top it off with 85/87 NO PING OR KNOCK....

This happened on a recent trip out in the farm belt area in back country oregon ... NO high test gas... YET diesel a plenty.

Wished I had a picture of the attendant when I asked him for the diesel pump FIRST............

I also have wondered about the make-up of MMO,,,, lamp oil was my thought or kerosene....

have to agree on it being a cure-all...

signed....BUBBIE

With diesel it is a C-tane rating that is very high,a small amount will help add an octane rating to your fuel and also act as a fuel system and top end lubricant.Iwouldn't go more then 8oz. per 5 gal.

Guess thats why they call it mystery oil Bubbie dont you long for the old days when gas was gas and it was cheap, Jack

So how often should you use MMO? I also myself have heard great things about MMO, but never used it. Can you use it in your engine oil as well?
I find this very interesting. How much harm will it do a 05 EG? I don't have O2 sensors.

You can use it in the oil or the gas. I like to add a bit to the oil prior to a change and run it a few miles then change it. If you read the can it will give you the proportions for using it. Every few tank fulls you can add some to the fuel.

what would happen if I was to add something like 2 oz of MMO to my engine oil? Would that help with anything? I have already did a service. Just wondering maybe 2 to 4 oz.

As long as you don't overfill the level, it's a good additive to the oil in moderation. It will clean any gunk out of the engine.

I saw the comment about not being good for bikes with O2 sensors. True? Does it cause fouling of the sensor? Thanks.

Back