free website stats program Marvel mystery oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Marvel mystery oil

J

Jack Klarich

Glider raves about MMO and for many good reasons one more good thing about it I use it in all of my air tools daily and have for years I wonder what the mystery is in the oil any ideas

I have no idea what's in it, but it sure is amazing stuff. I love the smell of the oil and it sure does work well in air tools. It's almost like a combo of kerosene and automatic transmission fluid.?? :p

yeah it has that sweet smell wonderful product had a 69 chevy 396 with a oil injector set up on the intake filled with MMO ran like a scalded dog and always smelled good LOL

I dont remember it was a custom c 1o chevy truck hard on gas but gas was 25.9 a gallon then wish I still had it

Never seen MMO fail in what it was being used for from freeing up stick lifters to cleaning fuel systems. Works better than anything else I have tried.

I worked for a manufacturer of timing devices for the govt., all of our production equip. was air operated due to the explosives. Like all air operated equip. after thousands of cycles a varnish builts up. We had tried several additives in our air mist systems but MMO was the only thing that worked. I wrote MMO to get the formula to make certain that it would not harm the Orings or seals in our equipment. Their response was that their product would not harm any of the moving or non moving, rubber or plastic parts, and that MMO would not revel the formula. We started buying it by the 55gal drum.

Wow, you guys have awakened some memories! I have used that stuff since 1963. Never knew how or why it worked, but it did. Still have a bottle out in the garage. They really haven't changed their labeling much, either.
In '63 I bought my first socket set, made by Wright Tools in Ohio. About three or four years ago I sent the ratchet back for some repairs. The man who repaired it sent me a note. He's a high up, corporate exec now. But in 1963 he figures he's the guy who MADE that ratchet and was pretty proud that it's still around doing the job!

I can let you in on an old family secret. Story goes like this, My great Granfather's mother's brother, Marvin, was watching his wife Gertrude working the hand crank washing machine from the back steps of the shed, when he noticed how much she was struggeling rotating the crank that spun the tub to clean the sheets from the bed that he had mess'd up the night before. Well Marvin thought the grease for the wagon wheels would help but the stuff was so thick it made things worse and Gertrude made sure Marvin knew it. So Marvin thought about thinning the grease down with lantern oil, only problem was the only thing he found to mix it in was one of Gertrude's Strawberry Jam jars, once he thined the grease down to a liquid he poured it over the gears of the washer and it spun like new. Now you all know how the Marvel Mystery oil was made and the secret of the sent.:lolrolling

Back