free website stats program Manuals | Harley Davidson Forums

Manuals

ANTLERMAN

Looking to buy service manuals for 1997 dyna wide glide and wondering which are the best. I think I am going to get a dyna models service manual and an Evo service manual any suggestions????

Go with the HD manual it is the better of them.I have a clymers that a friend gave me and I don't care for it with the exception that some of the pictures and schematic drawings are a little more detailed,but they lack in detail in the written info. and generalize a lot

I have only owned HD manuals. One for my 05 Deluxe and now one for my 09 UC. I can tell you they are EZ to read and follow. I will conmtinue to use HD manuals only.

Antlerman...welcome the HDTimeline forum and there are certainly plenty of tools here to make your maintenance and riding easier and with less drama. Go to the tabs and look into the Self Help for specific areas or the Search typing in key words to find the threads of interest. :newsmile082:

That said, yes the HD factory Service Manual is best, but it is pretty detailed for the uninitiated and there are separate ones for the specific model "--Parts Manual (diagrams w/part number detail) and Electrical (schematics & diagnostics detail) which is great for home/garage use. :33:

Out on the road I carry the lesser but compact storing Clymer which has high points & most things encountered on the road. Either way it is money well spent...you will save the $60 entry fee the first time you use it to fix your machine or when modifying it which is just something most HD riders do!:D

Hey I have a 97-98 HD service manual I got with my 97 dyna. I recently traded up to ultra classic so we can work out something so I can get 2010 manual and you get 97 HD manual. contract me and we can work out something.

Pete

H D manuals and remember when u see the special H D tool number that is a Kent Moore tool number IMO Jims makes better tools more expensive but more user friendly

Back