free website stats program Manuals | Harley Davidson Forums

Manuals

AZDave

Where do I pick up a service manual and who has the best one. What do you all think of the Fix My HOG DVDs?

I suppose it depends on the dealer but I wonder if they normally keep the manuals in stock or do they have to order them?

although i have early 90s evo bikes softail, Sportster and Dyna i find that the clymer manuals have more detail and are better laid out than the hd service manual i have purchased both brands as a tool for my bikes and in the future will stick to the clymer manuals i think
but perhaps more modern hd service manuals are better written and more detailed than the early 90s ones were

Brian

I have the HD manual, and it's well worth the price ($60). I also picked up "101 Twin Cam Projects" , and while a tad on the expensive side ($35- I had a gift card to a book store) it has some valuable information. It's not a service manual, but does a good job of outlining what is involved in a particular Twin Cam project. For instance, have you ever wondered "what is involved in changing out a set of cams?". This book won't tell you exactly how to do it, but will offer general step by step instructions, and give time saving tips..

I recently bought the HD service manuals new on e-bay for $48.00. I also have the Fix-My-Hog DVDs I and II for the Softail and am pleased with them.

I tried to go the cheap way and bought a "service manual" for 99-05 Dynas...
Ended up going to the dealer and ordering that manula for my 02 FXDXT, it's much less confusing and has better details.

Back