free website stats program Manual Alarm Disarming Procedure | Harley Davidson Forums

Manual Alarm Disarming Procedure

glider.

BOT Machine
If you should loose your button less smart alarm fob, here the procedure to deactivate the alarm system so the engine can be started using the directional switches.

Code = A * B * C * D * E (Five digit PIN codes)

How to check/set this code is covered here.

Programming / Using Manual Security Code (both FOB's)

1. If necessary verify the correct 5 digit PIN

2. Turn ignition key to IGNITION

3. Quickly within 2 seconds of turning key hold both turn signal switches in until confirmation.
> Key icon flashes at a fast rate In the odometer window a flashing dash will be followed by four more dashes.

4. Enter first digit (A) in the PIN by pressing left turn switch A times.
> The first digit (A) in the odometer will be the first digit in the PIN.

5. Press RIGHT turn switch 1 time. (Serves as enter key)
> The first digit is stored and the dash will flash.

6. Enter the second digit (B) in the pin number by pressing LEFT turn switch B times.
> The second digit (B) in the odometer will be the second digit in the PIN.

7. Press RIGHT turn switch one time. (Serves as enter key)
> The second digit is stored and the next dash will flash.

8. Enter the third digit (C) in the PIN by pressing LEFT turn switch C times.
> The third digit (C) will be the third digit in the PIN.

9. Press RIGHT turn switch one time. (Serves as enter key)
> The third digit is stored and the next dash will flash.

10. Enter the fourth digit (D) in the PIN by pressing LEFT turn switch D times.
> The fourth digit (D)in the odometer will be the fourth digit in the PIN.

11. Press RIGHT turn switch 1 time. (Serves as enter key)
> The fourth digit (D) is stored and the next dash will flash.

12. Enter the fifth digit (E) in the PIN by pressing LEFT turn switch E times.
> The fifth digit (E) in the odometer will be the fifth digit in the PIN.

13. Press RIGHT turn switch 1 time. (Serves as enter key)
> The fifth digit is stored. The icon stops blinking and the alarm is over ridden. You can now start the motor.

Hello, I just bought a wrecked 07 Road King without any key fob. It appears to have the security system and it is preventing the engine from being started. I do not know the PIN number and like I said, I don't have the key fob. Is there a generic code that can be entered if the previous owner didn't change it? Any other way of bypassing the system? Thanks for the help.

If you go to the local HD dealer with the papers to prove ownership and the VIN number, he may be able to locate the original selling dealer and they may be able to give you their setup PIN number providing the previous owner didn't change it. Otherwise you have to replace the TSSM or the TSM can be installed which wouldn't give you an alarm but would be a bit cheaper.

You didn't say if you had a FOB.

Have you tried to extract the PIN number using the procedure above?

thanks for this post..very helpful....I've been meaning to reset my codes on both my bikes and kept forgetting....then I couldn't remember what the dealer setting were......this fixed my problem and got them reset!!

If you go to the local HD dealer with the papers to prove ownership and the VIN number, he may be able to locate the original selling dealer and they may be able to give you their setup PIN number providing the previous owner didn't change it. Otherwise you have to replace the TSSM or the TSM can be installed which wouldn't give you an alarm but would be a bit cheaper.

You didn't say if you had a FOB.

Have you tried to extract the PIN number using the procedure above?

Hey Mr. Data,

yesterdag i set the sensibility on my fatboy 2002, but after this the alarm does not respond anymore, when i put the fob or double click , it doesnt respond.
i have changed the battery but no solution.
is it possible that its on storage mode or can you shut down it?

Glider maybe you now what's going on???
thanks!
Jan

Mr. Data thanks a lot for your quick reply!

normally i used that procedure,
but if it's incorrectly done, the alarm has to work, not?
now if i press the button, the alarm does not respond...
strange...

Never heard of your experience. Try replacing the battery in the FOB and see if it helps. Being a 2002 do you know the last time it was replaced?

the battery is already changed (maybe whas this also an old one?) but the problem not....
i have try this also now (can't post links);
AlarmKeyFobAssignment.gif

i thought it was ok now, but sometimes it works sometimes not...???
is there also a battery somewhere in the alarm (except the fob?)

Back