free website stats program Mandatory safety testing | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Mandatory safety testing

Well at least in Ohio the sales tax on used vehicles including motorcycles, 4-wheelers etc for now is the amount paid for the item purchased that was wrote on the back of the old title - Ohio has the good faith rule (not a NADA VALUE)& I'm sure in (some cases) the price wrote on back of title is just a little discounted to save the buyer a few bucks on the 6.5%-7.0% tax ..

Here in the UK the Government impose mandatory testing of all motor vehicles once they are 3 years old and then annually thereafter. It,s called an MOT (Ministry Of Transport) test. Licensed garages check brakes,lights,horn,tyres, wheel bearings,exhaust emissions and so on. The fee is about $45 for a motorcycle and around $70 for a car with a retest fee (after repairs are done) if it fails. Is this similar in the USA and other countries?:UK

you pay retest fee? you need to find a better test centre, I've never paid retest fees, and as far as i was aware motorcycles are not emissions tested as the manufactures still do not produce figures, and all they should be testing on the exhaust is structural and if its stamped "not for road use" , plus they are not allowed to tamper with the vehicle - so my nightstick (supertrapp) with the spark arrestor couldn't be emissions tested as no way of getting any probes in there LOL

In Pa. there is an annual inspection for every type vehicle that rides on a public road, there is also emissions testing on cars none on a mc. yet.
There is a 6% sales tax on the sale or resale of anything.

I often wonder if all the cars on the road over here are actually tested properly and legally. I have noticed a great many cars with only one headlight or tail light working. The police don't seem to bother about them. I saw one only tonight with a single headlight on, driving behind me. The police car pulled behind me and followed me (probably checking my speed, or whatever). He must not have used his mirror and seen the single headlight on the Audi behind him? unless he had a case of Vorsprung Deuch Technik? LOL

Back