free website stats program Man, I really do not like Ins. Co's!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Man, I really do not like Ins. Co's!!

Mongo1958

The Ins Co (Safe Way) of the guy that hit me is low balling me at $600. The HD shop says $1500. I really do not want to get a Lawyer and sue anyone but I made myself clear to the person on the phone. :small3d002:
I hope they understand my resolve on this issue:devil

The Ins Co (Safe Way) of the guy that hit me is low balling me at $600. The HD shop says $1500. I really do not want to get a Lawyer and sue anyone but I made myself clear to the person on the phone. :small3d002:
I hope they understand my resolve on this issue:devil

That is what they are paid to do, if situation was reversed your insurance company would be playing the same game. Just went through this with my truck. Get your insurance company involved, (This is what you pay them for) assuming you have full coverage they should cover what the other insurance company wont. You don't like it, I don't like it, but that is the way the game is played. The insurance companies sure do like to take your money but sure do balk when it's time to pay up. They are 3rd on my hate list right after lawyers and politicians.

$600 won't buy a seat or shocks. Probably going to meet in the middle say $1100. Hang in there Mongo, it is likely going to test your patience. If you are like me you weren't givin an over-abundance from the start.

As lancer pointed out, this is what they (Insurance Companies) get paid to do. Getting upset isn't going to change the outcome, it'll just ruin your day, so try to put things into perspective. Assuming that the estimate that HD gave you is on the mark, just tell the insurance company that $600 isn't going to cut it, $1500 is the cost and you expect to get paid. As mentioned, see if there is something your insurance company can do; for example pay for the repairs and then go after the other guys insurance company. Bottom line, his company is going to want to settle this at some point. Open cases eventually have to be closed. Stick to your guns.

Don't lose your cool and let it play out in time. They have to low ball you first. They'll come around. Just be stern and mean business.

Like everyone else has said, stay calm, rational, but also firm and persistent. Get the estimate from HD in writing and forward it to the insurance company so they know you're not doing the opposite to them. Would that be considered high-balling? :p

I'm not a lawyer but this seems like an amount that would qualify you for small claims court, if it came to that, and wouldn't cost you a ton of $$$ to fight them. Seems like a no-brainer to me if you've got professional estimates to simply put your bike back the way it was at the time of the accident.

I am surprised that the insurance co is talking to you, they should be dealing with the shop that will fix the bike. When I've gotten hit by someone in my cage, I didn't have to do anything, the repair shop and insurance companies did it all. In fact, I never even saw an estimate or bill for the damages.

I did have to deal with the other guy's company on medical, and they offered me a cash payment for my troubles if I agreed not to sue. That was on top of paying my doctor bills.

I am surprised that the insurance co is talking to you, they should be dealing with the shop that will fix the bike. When I've gotten hit by someone in my cage, I didn't have to do anything, the repair shop and insurance companies did it all. In fact, I never even saw an estimate or bill for the damages.

I did have to deal with the other guy's company on medical, and they offered me a cash payment for my troubles if I agreed not to sue. That was on top of paying my doctor bills.

Same here, I did call my own tow truck tho, but that was paid for too, Give your agent a call, demand Genuine H D parts, ask for a second quote Good Luck

As mentioned, see if there is something your insurance company can do; for example pay for the repairs and then go after the other guys insurance company. Bottom line, his company is going to want to settle this at some point. Open cases eventually have to be closed. Stick to your guns.

if you wanna do it the way it is supposed to be done, listen to this guy

Maybe!!!! Just Maybe!!! I may get the full amount that is due to me. I received a check in the mail (less than half of what it will take to fix the bike). I called the guy that did the estimate (3rd party contractor) and he told me that he just finished the 2nd estimate and will be faxing it to the Fly by night Ins Co.
I will call the fly by night insurance company to see whats going to happen next later in the day.

Back