free website stats program Man I need a Garage | Harley Davidson Forums

Man I need a Garage

david26

Or a shop would be even better. Went out this moring and under the car port sat my bike entire right side covered in ice :newsmile078:from the side ways blowing freezing rain last night with battery dead. Guess I also need a trickle/smart charger got it on a slow charge right now with a normal battery charger

I have 2 wooden sheds one is the workshop and has 1 bike 12ft x 8ft the other is a store shed i currently have 2 bikes some push bikes and the garden tools in there 11 ft x 9 ft double door on the side of that one so the bike just get pushed straight in backward for easy exit sheds were made locally by an old guy who had his own trees and a small saw mill and did everything himself
he would only make a shed for you if he liked you him and his wife would deliver and build shed all in the price but a 6 month wait from order to delivery he made good sheds and had a full order book

Brian

What about a cover?
Keep mine in the shop during winter, but keep it on carport rest of the year under a cover.
Helps keep dust, leaves or rain off.

Agree...cover would be better than being exposed to elements. Of course - there's always the option of building a huge heated garage for your toys...;)

Sorry to hear your icy tale david26. I keep my Sportster in my garage all year 'round - there's no "dry season" in England:D. I also keep a Suzuki Bandit as my work animal commuter and it has to live outside all year 'round. I keep it under an Oxford Stormex
Oxford Stormex Ultimate Bike Cover 51.05
which I must say I've been very happy with - no corrosion/rusting evident - admittedly it's not as sensitive to oxidization as a Harley. I'm not saying it's an equal alternative to a shed or a garage but it's way better than nowt.

Hoping when we get around to buying a house I am gonna build/buy a rather large Heated shed or building. Big enough to fit my bike a lift all my tools and bar,tv, and stereo.:D

Hoping when we get around to buying a house I am gonna build/buy a rather large Heated shed or building. Big enough to fit my bike a lift all my tools and bar,tv, and stereo.:D

IMO it can never be big enough, My garage has turned into a smoking lounge for The Redhead, at least she does not smoke in the house so much for my Man Cave:p

Back