free website stats program Making the move on Sunday | Harley Davidson Forums

Making the move on Sunday

Surfcityred

I have finally settled on the bike I want. It is going to be a 2011 Fat Bob. My son has chosen the Nightster and we're gonna go to the dealer and swing a deal on two bikes. Both of us have been saving up for this and we are really excited :Dthat the day is finally coming.

Once my bank account recovers from the initial purchase, I'd like to get some opinions from you guys about sissy bars, a small luggage rack and saddlebag options for our trip.

Good luck and hope all goes well. Good choices on a couple of great bikes. Its great that you can share this experience with your Son.

If you are moving to Tenn. check with Cool Springs HD, great folks ask for Richard Oliver at [removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck with the negotiations and enjoy riding with you son. Welcome aboard by the way.

Buying TWO bikes give you BOTH a Lot of Leverage........

I would suggest to get As Many of the up-grades at the Purchase time....

I made out like a bandit when i purchased my bike (09 FLHR) by PUSHING for the extra stuff After I got them INTO my willing price range...... I went for the X-trs.

Got a 4 point docking system hardware installed and the big seat sissy back rest along with a luggage rack for the 4 point system.... I agreed to pay 350$ more and it was a hand shake..

That was a lot of extras for the cost to me.(.)

Remember you have the HAMMER.. :small3d007: Use it wisely !

signed....BUBBIE

Welcome to the Forum and Good Luck on your new bikes:s

I definitely second the upgrades. Although you should obviously negotiate price, dealers will have a little more latitude to move on 'extras'. I'd take a look at what you want to upgrade immediately, and have them throw it in with the price. Good time to negotiate an extended warranty as well.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have chosen the low profile sissy bar, luggage rack combo, LED brake light, back pad and mounting hardware as my bargaining chips. I'll also attempt to get a deal on the extended warranty. I am soooo freeking excited.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have chosen the low profile sissy bar, luggage rack combo, LED brake light, back pad and mounting hardware as my bargaining chips. I'll also attempt to get a deal on the extended warranty. I am soooo freeking excited.

It's a great feeling! I still remember how you feel last August when I purchased my 2010 FXDC! Congrads!..........:57:

Back