free website stats program Makes you wonder...........? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Makes you wonder...........?

When it comes to stop light here's one to think about . I live in Ankeny Ia , 10 miles from Des Moines . The city decided to put in a couple red light cameras on some busy streets down town . The fine for running the red light is $50.00 . The 1st 2 weeks they were in operation they brought in $22,500.00 that calculates to 450 people running the red lights , there are signs warning of the cameras plus they had a month of warnings before issueing any tickets , so green light or not I'm always cautious go through a green light !

We got 3 of those and they estimated 3 million in revenue, I thought no way,...they have since revised it to $6 million the first year. Think about haw many people are running red lights. At least here there are no points off for all you visitors.

We got 3 of those and they estimated 3 million in revenue, I thought no way,...they have since revised it to $6 million the first year. Think about haw many people are running red lights. At least here there are no points off for all you visitors.

We have a handfull of these in Spokane, I think they catch the folks who think the yellow should be longer... anyway I don't jump off the line when the light turns green, someone might be trying to sneek through, just can't stand to sit through another red light I guess. The left hand turn lane is the worst I think, see em all the time, when my light turns green there is a couple of cars that run the red in front of us.

The left hand turn lane is the worst I think, see em all the time, when my light turns green there is a couple of cars that run the red in front of us.

Excellent observation. At least these folks aren't going the speed limit or higher trying to beat the light. They're starting off from a dead stop and you're looking right at them.

Back