free website stats program Make my bike loud! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Make my bike loud!

Depends on what you mean by LOUD. The loudest option is drags. You should be able to get a set for under $150 including some anti-reversion cones.

I have straight drags on my '91 Dyna, and it is one of the loudest bikes I have been around.

TQ

TQ is spot on, I have dual drag pipes (Drag Specialties) that were straight no baffle...VERY loud (window rattling load as gals at work said), no there were not any trees falling over, or women taking their kids off the streets, but did set off car alarms all along the streets near my house. Put some 12" baffles ($25 pr) to maintain a decent amount of decorum. :newsmile036:

I your case, I would look into replacing current baffles (you may need them if noise/EPA enforcement becomes a problem) and get Big City ones or similar like Hobbit suggested. There should be around $40 for pair on up...!

I'm with Jack,

Cycleshack pipes make good power and are on the loud side. Don't gut your slip-ons.....

Thanks for all the replies!!
So I was talking to a guy at a local shop, and he said that since i still have a cross over I would be able to take out the baffles and I wouldn't lose power or effect the back pressure
any thought on this?

The cross over has nothing to do with it, without baffles there is no back pressure, I think Hobbit had the best suggestion with the big city baffles. But like I said I don't run baffles and have no use for them myself. The extra noise from the straight pipes will make the bike feel faster but in reality you well be putting out less if you put it on a dyno, not enough to make a deference though, people always come up to me and ask what did I do to the engine to make it so fast, I'd laugh because it was bone stock except for the A/C & pipes. Try it, you can always put baffles in if you don't like it, but you'll like it:D

Loud = $149.60 plus court costs. Hope you still got them factory jobs.

So I asked the officer "how loud is loud?

the officer responded "loud depends on what kinda mood I'm in today, and I'm in a $149.60 kinda mood today.":(

It's not how loud, it's performance you want along with the sound. Loud pipes are easy to acheive. Just take the baffles out.

thats classic - sounds like the officer who pulled me after hearing me 3miles away LOL thankfully mine did not result in costs more then £30

Lol, The state troopers in Florida got me on my bagger . I asked him why he was waisting my time by not giving me a ticket, He said because I can and I wanted to look at your bike.

So Jack, what is the lesson here, not dress up the bike so they do not give you a second glance I suppose...or try to motor away to Alligator Alley hoping the residents prefer their pork in blue rather than orange & black? LOL :p

Thank you everyone for all the advice, since Big city thunder makes a baffel specifically fo my screaming eagle 2 slipons, I've decided to go with them until I have the money to get some custom pipes.
I was wondering, has anyone on here used these before? If so, how well did they perform? and also, how did they sound? was it worth the $100?

Back