free website stats program Major decision! HELP | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Major decision! HELP

Update...... now I have had the Sportster for about two weeks. Currently the bike is in the garage here, forks off and I have my trusty mate spraying the fork lowers in satin black. I've spent a few hours this evening polishing my triple tree (if you will pardon my expression) - what a kak job that is! Also, the front wheel will be sprayed satin black whilst off - not including the spokes or rims (another kak job - a load of masking tape and a lot of patience - just as well I'm not doing it). The forward controls were flaking chrome - so, again Woody has satin blacked them. I must point out that the satin black is being done properly, de-chroming, etching primer etc. Side Shots are off too .... currently I'm debating the possibility of Short Shots instead. Oh.... and I've added a Sundowner seat. Looks like I will have plenty to do in the dark evenings!

Update...... now I have had the Sportster for about two weeks. Currently the bike is in the garage here, forks off and I have my trusty mate spraying the fork lowers in satin black. I've spent a few hours this evening polishing my triple tree (if you will pardon my expression) - what a kak job that is! Also, the front wheel will be sprayed satin black whilst off - not including the spokes or rims (another kak job - a load of masking tape and a lot of patience - just as well I'm not doing it). The forward controls were flaking chrome - so, again Woody has satin blacked them. I must point out that the satin black is being done properly, de-chroming, etching primer etc. Side Shots are off too .... currently I'm debating the possibility of Short Shots instead. Oh.... and I've added a Sundowner seat. Looks like I will have plenty to do in the dark evenings!

Hah, Dr Doolittle (another poster) should read this...Is there an HD owner who has not modified his ride...! Our dear Capn...did not have his modified HD for more than a day and was already contemplating big time mods, bellying up to the bar and buying into the Harley tax thing!...you got to love it! :rofl
NOW GET IT GOING AND RIDE!

I was gonna suggest a Buell. Had a friend who traded in his BWM on a Buell; said the Buell was much better! That was a shock to me.

If I ever get loads of money and want three bikes I think the Buell would be the first thing I'd look at.

Moe.

I lived in the UK for 11 years and saw mostly metric bikes and nearly all of those riders I spoke to dreamed of having a Harley. I dont understand the trouble in making your decision. There is only one real motorcycle, and it is named Harley Davidson. Doesnt matter which model it is a Harley is a Harley.

Well being that im a Marine and truly patriotic and loving everything my country does I would personally stay with the Harley I bought my first and only Sporty in April 15 2008 and even though I think I might need a bigger bike soon I dont think I will ever get rid of my Sporty but hey its all up to you!! I would say stay with History and Class no one can ever confuse a Harley with another Bike, Not to mention they sound awsome!!!

Just out of curiosity - How old are you? (This coming from a 63 year old grandmother) It may just be that you need to "sow those wild oats" with your metric bikes for a while. Then when you are ready to settle down and be responsible, you may decide Harley Davidson is the biKe for you. I have come to love my "Hand-me-down Sporty".But they are not for everyone. Even my husband was only happy with it for a season..........Then he moved up to his Heritage Classic and left me with his hand-me down.:newsmile103:

Gee grandma, you sound just like my wife. I'm 55 and I'm sowing the wild oats on a Staged One FatBob. Why is it that when a guy my age wants to finally buy himself another bike, (been over 30 years) it's got to be because he's going thru a mid life crisis. The only crisis I have is the weather won't cooperate.

Back